Crush 35LDX review by Orange

Orange: Crush 35LDX

Price paid: C$ 214.99

Purchased from: Selinger's Music

I'm mostly using my Ibanez RGA32 with this amp, but I sometimes use my Harmony Rocket H53 on it aswell. The pickups on the Ibanez are humbuckers, and makes a nice sound. It mostly suits my music style. I'm mostly a rock guitarist, and it sounds really nice on light distortion, but you can not do heavy metal on this thing (as is with almost all Orange amps) as it will sounds terrible. The clean channel sounds nice at any volume (I usually use 3 or 4, which is very loud).

As I said earlier, I usually play rock, and it definitely sounds nice when I play light rock, but heavy rock doesn't sound right at all. I have been playing for about 3 or 4 years now, and the only other amp I've used is a Marshall MG10CD, and this amp definitely beats the Marshall. If it were lost or stolen, I would probably buy a more powerful Orange amp, because I love the sound of Orange Amps, but if I had to buy the same amp, I would buy it back for sure. I think it has anything a guitarist could ask for. Built in tuner, headphone jack, 2 imputs, etc. So, no I don't think I wish it had anything else.

If I were at a gig, I don't think I'd need to bring a backup for this amp. I can completely depend on this amp. I have only had the amp for a week, so I am not sure if it will break down because of neglect of regular servicing, or just plain neglect. It is a pretty durable amp, as it had been moved around/ dropped a couple times in the store.

I bought this amp about a week ago, and have played it for abot 8 hours in that time. I have to say, for how small it is, it packs a good punch. The amp is made mostly for Acoustic and light music, but it does have a gain/overdrive channel which can sound pretty nice. It does have a headphone jack, a tuner, and 2 inputs, and I'm pretty sure is capable of supporting a cab (if you ever needed it to be louder). It has tons of effects aswell, and you can sit there for hours just playing awesome custom effects. You almost don't even need an effects board. It is a solid state amp, but it is still a very good amp.

bllvining
    I play one of these and the acoustic settings sound great. But don't expect a lot for distortion but with a quick easy fix with a distortion pedal added it sounds great.
    badfish_lewis
    Just picked one of these up yesterday for a practice amp. I love it. I have a Fender Twin that I can't use because of where I'm currently living (it might take the whole building down if I turn it up) and was just using a Line 6 as a practice amp. Anyway, played it for about 4 hours last night and I feel it was a solid investment.
    clnelson001
    Cleftones wrote: BearCaveEcho wrote: Tiny Terrors are amazing. Who the hell said they were garbage? If anything, they're more quality than anything double it, because it has a nice warm tube sound that gives off badass vibes whichever style you play. For a 5w, it really does the job. Great sounding FX, the hall reverb+delay is my fav, crank that up to 6ish and you have some really trippy stuff going on. Back to this amp, it's quite good. I have to agree on the distortion, it doesn't do the metal job, but it was meant for another purpose. Tiny Terrors can be switched between 7 and 15 watts and only have a tone, volume and gain control yet cost 3x more than the 35LDX. I have a Tiny Terror combo running through an ME-70 so effects are no problem for me, just kind of annoying that a cheaper solid state comes with alot more.
    The TTs and the DTs are absolutely amazing. Well worth every penny. I don't understand how anyone would ever compare a great tube amp to a vastly inferior solid state. I am getting this solid state amp, however because I found it used for $150, which is a steal. It sounds pretty good and serves its own purpose (living room practice amp). But there is no comparison to the orange tube amps. Its like comparing a golf cart to a BMW.
    FretBoardBlazer
    Damn y'all overpaid a lot, I got mine for $160.
    XxInFaMoUs
    Map pricing determines this comment is a lie. That, or you bought it used. Or the store you bought it from is pulling dodgy deals and most likely getting in trouble with their distributors.
    jonty2210
    Just paid £25 GBP for one.. now looking to sell it on for £100 and buy and Marshall Valvestate 8240. Good move/bad move?