Dual Terror review by Orange

Orange: Dual Terror

Purchased from: Web

I use it with a variety of guitars, both single coil and humbuckers and it sounds amazing. Although there is only a single tone knob, by changing around the volume and gain with the tone, you can get a wide variety of tones. I have found that is sounds best through a Weber 12F150 rather than an Alnico 12A150 - the ceramic punch and clarity makes a huge difference on this amp. I tested several different speaker configurations before arriving at this conclusion.

Play Jazz, Blues, rock and metal and this little amp does them all. I've been playing for 30 years and have owned a Dumble, several Fenders and a couple of Vox AC's. This is a superb, portable amp that really stands up for it's cost. The more I play it the more I like it.

Seems pretty reliable overall. Compared to the hand wired, I'd say this is a much better, more stable amp. Had the handwired version of this and it broke down twice, this one has been superb even with gigging a lot.

Simplicity is the key to these amps. I had to spend a little while warming up to this amp, but now I think it is great. THe dark channel gets great cleans for blues and jazz and the Tiny Terror channel has amazing smooth distortion which is what they are famous for.

Arcadiu5
    it has fallen off a desk thing about 7m high
    By desk did you in fact mean small building?
    ronhoward
    Djtrouserfunk wrote: This is a great amp. However some if the posts make me laugh...everyone looks at these (and most) amps to have and to do everything - awesome cleans, awesome dirty, endless eq shaping blah blah. My philosophy regarding gear is that versatility isn't the key - if you get one or two great sounds from an amp, guitar, pedal etc, then it's worth it. What I do is run a couple of amps and A/B between them for best of both worlds. Plus this means that u can have your pedals linked to your clean amp and others lined to your second/dirt amp which makes live gigging a WHOLE lot easier!
    This is not a viable option for most people though. A lot can't afford this amp, nonetheless two amp. That's why they're looking for versatility. They want the most bang for their buck. I've always wanted to run 2 amps through an A/B but it's not an option at this point. I'm looking at getting this head through a trade though. Right now I've got a 333 Infinium head running through a cab with V30's which is decent, but you get what you pay for imo. I'm looking at this for some recording and when I play and don't need a good clean channel.
    damillion
    I agree with DJtrouserfunk. Versatility and quality seldom cross each others path in my opinion. The tone most people listen to for reference are produced by people with way too much time, experience and money for it to be realistic for you to achieve the same tone at home as a hobby musician. I'm buying the Dual Terror myself to record 70s rock at home. I'm really liking the fact that you can really adjust the wattage, which is a feature not as fully developed by any competitor as far as I'm aware. I can push the tubes and still keep it at a low volume, and I can make it loud enough to use it for rehearsals! I'm happy, at least.