Micro Crush review by Orange

Orange: Micro Crush

Purchased from: Local shop

I use this with humbuckers and there is minimal hum, even with overdrive on. Switch on this amp, and the first thing you notice is you can't hear anything. You have to turn it up to get a respectable sound out it. With the the volume up, the clean channel gets not so clean, especially with the tone up. At this point when I'd got it, I kind of wished I'd bought a Marshall MS-4. Then I pressed the Overdrive button, and was completly blown away. Wow. Talking about the clean channel I was nitpicking, but this little thing is a beast. There is a great low end for such a small speaker, and the volume is good as well. With tone further down, you can get a kind of GN'R tone, with the tone up you can play a lot of metal. So in short, this a good distortion amp, not great for cleans though.

I compared this to a Marshall MS-4, MS-2, Danelectro honeytone, amongst others and this thing blows them all away. It has a respectable volume and overdrive, the only con is the clean which isn't great. There is a great sound out of such a small speaker. The only mini amp, I think could beat it is the Roland Micro-Cube. However, that's unfair, because the Roland is much bigger and 50 more expensive. I'd get this one. This is a shard of knowledge that someone told me so I'll tell you, the amp won't switch on unless there is a lead in the input jack.

It seems durable to me. I wouldn't rely on any other mini amp. Unlike 99% of other mini amps, this thing isn't plastic. It is wood and metal. The speaker is covered and it dosen't have shoddy buttons which feel like they're going to fall off. I wouldn't gig with it. It's so small! Only 3 watts. More reliable than most other mini-amps though.

No idea when this amp was made, but it was made in China. This is a solid state mini amp with one channel, no effects, oneinput jack, one headphone jack, an overdrive button, a tone control and a volume control. This thing can basically handle a clean (with tone all the way down) a crunch kinda sound (tone all the way up). With the overdrive button in, this amp can handle a lot of rock music and styles. It would be nice if there was an adjustable gain. Oh yeah, there is a built in tuner as well.

Tcoldsteel
    I bought one of these from e-bay and was really impressed by the volume you can get from something so small. The overdrive is excellent but i agree about how temperemental the pots can be. It also has holes on either sides, which no-one seems to have noticed, that you can screw your strap buttons to and carry it around on a strap like jack black in School of Rock.("step off, step off")