Micro Crush review by Orange

Orange: Micro Crush

Price paid: A$ 59

Purchased from: Kosmic

I have been using this with some crappy single coil picjups that are one their way out. There is no pickup noise even at full volume on the clean channel, there is quite a bit on the overdrive channel though. It gets this nice overdriven tone really easliy on the clean channel so the clean channel isn't really that 'clean' at volume above 4 but that isn't an issue for me because I don't really play that much where you need a clean clean tone. The variety is a bit lacking but what it does it does really well. It never sounds tinny unlike Marshalls of a similar size. The distortion is pretty awesome. Most importantly this amp sounds like an Orange.

I play pretty much anything other than metal (I play some of the more mainstream metal though). It matches my playing style well unless you want a really really clean tone, in that case go buy an Acoustic guitar. I have been playing on and off for the last 5 years. I have never had a portable amp like this before and I am impressed. If it were stolen or lost I would buy it again. It is a beautiful fun amp that blows its competitiors out of the water. The other amp that I tried on the day I bought it was the Marshall MS-2. The Orange beats it in every catagory; build quality, tone range, tone quality, no built in tuner. This amp is worth every dollar you pay for it. It is fun, inexapensive and it is an Orange.

It feels sturdy and you can carry it around in a backpack with out really damaging it. I always put it in its box when I take it places so I don't ruin its beautiful looks. Would I use it at a gig? No, because of it is clearly not designed for it. This is an amp you can take anywhere with ease. Its volume capabilities are fine for its intented purpose. It will get about 18 hours playing time out of a standard 9 volt battery so take a spare battery with you because you won't want to stop playing with this amp for long. It has never broken down.

Made in China 2010. Runs of 9 volt batteries or a seperatly sold power supply. It has clean and an overdrive channel. It has one and volume knobs, a gain control would have been nice. It has a nice built in tuner, a 3.5mm headphone jack and 3 watts of power that it uses everyone of. For the size and price you wouldn't expect much more than this. The reason I am giving it a high score in the way of features is because they were better than the features on amps of a similar price.

kartikg3
    Quoting the Manual: "VOLUME Control: This control adjusts the distortion gain. Turning it clockwise increases the distortion intensity. Also this control adjusts the output signal level."
    moral_dilemma66
    ok really people seem to be utterly confused by this but i have a micro crush and as placed next to a full amp its mediocre at best though in its class the best ive played now as for volume and tone the tone nob acts kindof like a tone/gain nob in combination with cascading gain volume turn both up with emg 81 guitar volume up and its classic rock territory mind kindof farty bass with 85 in the neck
    Deany
    Folks, you're missing the point. This thing has Brian May's Deacy tones all nailed. Loud it doesn't do (it's a battery amp, for Pete's sake!), but for recording, if you experiment with the volume, overdrive and tone controls, it is bloody good!