Micro Crush review by Orange

Orange: Micro Crush

Purchased from: amazon uk

I use it with a Gibson custom with humbucker pickups. It suits my musical style of classic heavy metal, the distortion can be taken to extreme levels. Definately not acceptable for a gig but for use at home for the bedroom good. The top volume is just louder than a busy road. The fact that its battery powered means of corse you could busk with it. You can put it up to full volume to create maximum distortion without it being too loud. Clean its good but not nearly loud enough.

Battery powered is really a big boost for me because I like to busk but I definately prefare electric to acoustic and this amp is perfect to busk with. I have a skytronic 45 watt that I use for gigs but this orang sounds better if the volume went as high as my skytronic believe it or not I would use this. To be hounest I only chose this amp because its battery powered ad cheap but even though I got this for 35 I think its worth around 100. I love the amount of distortion I can get out of it but the volume is a big let down.

Very reliable. It would be good for a gig without backup if it was loud enough. I've dropped this alot from high areas and low areas and the most I've got is a few scratches here and there. Brilliant if you're going to be using it for busking especially if you're a teenager like me.

Very basic battery powered amp. Two controls: tone and volume. Headphone jack at the back. Built in tuner. No output jack. On the back it has a mains jack so you could plug it in to a mains socket if you're in your house. I use this amp to busk, that's the main reason I got it. The volumes very low at full but for buskig its good you can turn it up to get full distortion without it being to loud.

dsydorko
    With the right settings its surprising how you can get a bit of an old Muddy Waters fuzzy overdriven blues sound out of this which is great for busking or fireside bottleneck stuff. Also wicked for miking a harmonica. Get two of these (one for guitar, one for harmonica), a looper pedal, a pack of 9V batteries, and you can be a one man blues show!!
    chas630
    my son wants a battery amp for busking with his pedal. any opinions? suggestions?