Micro Terror review by Orange

Orange: Micro Terror

Purchased from: guitar center

Volume, tone, gain. 1 ax7 tube, Orange quality and tank like build. Albeit very tiny tank. It is as handsome as all of the terror models. Stock tube is ok, so buy a Tungsol at time of purchase and upgrade the hell out of it. It is really small, like you probably have a pedal its size. It gets very loud through a 212. There is no reason for you to have any doubts, while it may be a tad one dimensional you will love it anyways. It cleans up nicely but not great, but exactly the way I want it to, and for my needs, better than my Rockerverb 50 MKII. Responds great to a volume pedal and on guitar. You can get sooooo much out of it playing with volumes.

For what I play, it is maddeningly awesome! I play basic power chords distorted in a popp y punk style. I run it through a custom built 212 cabinet and it kills. My main amp is a Rockerverb 50 MKII and I prefer the way the micro terror breaks up and cleans up using a volume pedal. It is a bit "sloppier" and I love it! I love my reverb too and will soon buy them and get what I need. Micro definitely hangs with our drummer and bass player in jamming, will definitely need to mic for a gig, but I do that anyways. Cranked, the amp is exactly the same volume as my reverb settings tested with uv meter, so no big issues there. Takes my volume pedal, phase 90, and digital delay very well. From 10-2 on the tone knob everything sounds great, beyond that either way gets muddier than I like. I read that people think it is noisy. Mine is not. Not even kind of. The tone is rich and warm, and a bit "sloppy" like I said but that is compared to a $2150 amp. It sounds incredible recorded. I would say "for the price" and "for its size" like everyone else, but that would be bullcrapping you. This little guy, which I have attached to my pedal board is a beast and is the best money I have ever spent on gear. Will be getting another one soon.

Yes, it can be used live, but will need to be miked. It is great for home, and practices too! Yes I would gig it and yes I would gig it without a backup, and not just to trip other players minds... Even though it will. My amp is attached to my damn pedal board! How killer is that!? It is an Orange, so you know its built well, you know its gonna sound good, but I am here to tell ya, until you play it, you wont believe how good! It cranks and my bass player keeps looking at it wondering "how the hell?" my drummer can hear me just fine. And I never want to put down my guitar.

I have been playing about 6 years and seeking what this guy can do. It does some of the things that I like better than my Rockerverb 50. Other things not as well. For example the way it responds to volume changes is scary good. The way it handles pedals is excellent. I will buy another one regardless of lost or stolen. I love its size, its tone, I dislike nothing. I should mention I changed the tube to a Tungsol and that certainly changed the overall ability of it considerably. Its nice stock, but is easily improved. I love that I can play for 4 hours killing the thing and it does not get hot. BUY ONE!

Vestonpants
    Had mine about 6 months. I went shopping for for a pedal and came back with this little box of fun instead. Couldn't resist, and glad I didn't. Probably the most (guitar related) fun you can get for £100. The Micro Terror does vintage British / classic rock brilliantly well. There's plenty of Orangey tone inside the small exterior. Stick an OCD type pedal in front of it and you'll have gain to burn. It may not be sufficiently versatile for most to gig with but would make a great space saving back up for small club shows. At this price point, what's not to like?
    highkingnm
    I have one and I adore it. Only advice I have is that if you want to put fuzz through it or want sparkly cleans, don't use the matching cab. I do normally, but whenever I get the chance to plug it into my 4X12 cab (normally it's kept in storage) then this will give most mid range amps a run for their money in all but maybe volume. Phenominal otherwise though.
    rodknoxx
    the editors changed some of my info. when it says i love my reverb, it was intended to say rverb which was my abbreviation for rockerverb. please note that when reading my review.