Micro Terror review by Orange

Orange: Micro Terror

This guitar amp is a 20 watt solid state head with a 12ax7 tube in the preamp. It has volume, tone, and gain controls and also comes with an aux input so you can jam with your phone or mp3 player (if people even still use those!). The stock tube is ok and isn't bad enough to force you to replace it, but replacing it is a welcoming upgrade. Unfortunately it is made in China but don't let that fool you! This amp comes in an all metal chassis! This only thing I would worry about is the on and off switch is thin and protrudes quite a bit but it is also metal so no worries. This amp is also VERY tiny. It is about the size of big muff pedal.

Although the clean sound isn't exactly fender sparkly clean, it does get the job done! It is warm and can get a nice crunchiness when you turn up the gain a tiny bit. You can get a good classic rock sound but I don't believe you could pull off playing some shredding such as Megadeth on it but it is definitely good enough to play some early Metallica or Sabbath! All of these people are complaining about the sound being tiny. This is due to the tone control, IT IS VERY TOUCHY. You must make very small adjustments when using it. Even though this amp is 20 watts don't let this amp fool you! It is very loud! I would go as far to say that you could gig with it in a small venue as long as you have the proper speaker configuration and not the tiny cabinet it comes with. If the venue is too loud you could also always mic it up! Overall this amp is great if you plan on using it for anything from blues, to country, to rock. This amp is absolutely no joke!

I have had this amp for two years and have had no problems with it! It seems very sturdy and like I said has a metal chassis. It also has sturdy rubber feet so it for sure isn't sliding off the amp on accident. Although I don't question its durability I must warn you; this amp is VERY LIGHT. It can fall off by just tugging on the guitar cord that is plugged into it so make sure that you have a long enough cord so you don't yank it right off of its cabinet! This thing can take falls like a champ and I would trust it with no back-up.

For me playing classic rock, alternative, and blues this amp is perfect. For 150 bucks this thing is a complete steal and I would recommend it to anyone! My only worry would be if I were playing metal. The gain doesn't get dense enough to pull it off. The clean may not be completely sterile but it is definitely usable! Like I said this amp seems like its main genre should be rock. Nothing beats watching your friends laugh at you when they see this thing to being amazed at the sheer tone and sound that comes out of it! Way to go Orange!

Mojojojo420
    I put a $25 NOS RCA 12ax7 in mine and woke it up...Sayin... Love it , love it, love it...My opinion and many others that have played through it, can't beat it for the money. Perfect practice amp , if that exists...And Quiet...Soooo Quiet with pedals...
    markleehunter
    I use mine mainly as a power amp, running a MFX or Tech 21 Blonde through the aux input. Great low-weight setup. Have used with 1x12, 1x10, 1x6 (JT Lunchbox cab) and a 2x3 I modded from a hi-fi. Great little head. I am a small amp fan and this is one of the best.