Rocker 30 review by Orange

Orange: Rocker 30

I use a Joe Satriani signature guitar with a floyd rose tremelo system and DiMarzio pickups, and as I said before, I play classic rock, shread, and blues. This amp has the most beutiful clean channel I have ever heard, and it is perfect for playing songs such as Little Wing. This amp has a considerable amount of distortion, but if I ever need more, (which I hardly ever do) I'll just hook up my Wylde Overdrive pedal. This amp makes noise only at high volume, as is every amp I have ever played.

I play on this amp with a JS100 and occasionally a Wylde Overdrive pedal, and it has a great tone. I have been playing for 4 years and I am very happy that a 30G amp can pull off such high volumes. If this amp were stolen I would be mad because I cant afford another, but I would save for another. My favorite thing about this amp is the clean channel which I suggest for practicing because distortion covers up mistakes but clean unveils them, the clean is beautiful. I alwways wanted a tube-driven amp that didnt cost a million bucks, and this amp fits the bill perfectly, a must buy for all blues players.

I would never head to a gig without a backup, but I can bet that this amp would pull through. It is a great amp for small gigs and venues. Tubes must be replaced every 1 1/2 to 2 years, depending on how much you play it. The amp has never broken down on me, but I am not rough on it anyways.

Some people may be looking at the price and wondering why is a 30G amp cost 1190 dollars? This is because this amp is tube driven, making it capable of reaching very high volumes. This amp is the coolest looking thing ever, it is covered in Orange vinal. This amp will not reach any death metal, or nu-metal highs in gain, but that doesn't matter to be because I play stuff like Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai and Hendrix. This amp is great for blues players. Volume is no issue due to the amps tube driven build.

latinosuperstud
    ^you my friend are retarded this is a tube amp that vox is a hybrid... know what you are talking about before you post
    bartdevil_metal
    Guys, hungry trolls are hungry. They're probably 13 year old slipknot fans with B.C Rich's and Spider III's.
    SLVRSTN+HH4LIFE
    jammer-91 wrote: I think it looks gay and is a rip off... VOX valvetronics is better
    omg, a hybrid amp better than an all tube? you are a retard
    patmann3
    i no this has been quoted twice already but i think u just cant stress how retarded this comment is. gd amp btw!!
    DaPixelDude
    Man... Valvetronix is nice on its own range.. but the words ORANGE + VALVE mean another bloody thing! Orange Rocks.. literally!
    SlinkyMcdougall
    CoreysMonster wrote: I find this amp great for Tool sounds. It rocks!
    Seriously?!?! If this be trye, I am buying this amp!!!
    fusion48
    alot of money.... think i might go for a marshall jcm 2000 dsl 401 because im poor lol
    McGhie
    Can anybody tell me if this amp has a good bass side on the clean channel? I'm asking because I use a Zvex Fuzz Factory, which is a very trebly pedal.
    TaintedFearSBT
    LINE6 SPIDERVALVE BLOWS ORANGE , & BY THE WAY ORANGE IS THE UGLYIEST AMP OUT THERE
    And i thought it couldn't get any worse...
    Lil Macker
    kingofnima wrote: I think it looks gay and is a rip off... VOX valvetronics is better yes the vox amps are great but they can still not beat a full tube am thats not possible in any kind of way!! Orange is the new Marshall. While Marshal lost it's quality and just kept their name Orange is still making really good amps. Please keep your stupid comments about homosexual people to yourself they don't make you sound cool at all much more like a little 6 year old kid. thank you
    Dude, Marshalls rock! What is wrong with you!
    Dweller_26
    It's not a case of tube vs combo, the rocker 30 is a tube combo. If you don't like the digital sound of your spider get something with tubes (or valves as we say in the uk) avoid hybrids that are part solid state and part valve. I went for the rocker 30 head so i can switch cabs, also my practice studio has cabs in the rooms so i just have to stroll in with a head and a guitar. generally i've found you don't need any eq for the natural channel, it is well voiced, you only need eq if you've bought a shit guitar, or the wrong one for the sort of sound you want.
    HELLSHREDD
    Chrisiphone
    Would this amp be able to do guns n' roses and ac/dc tones as well as more modern foo fighters and billy talent? Seems like a nice amp though!
    bignick99
    yes the amp will sound great for gn'r and ac/dc but u might need a booster pedal for the high gain stuff allthough i get a good metallica type tone from mine but i am using active emgs on my guitar which drive the tube quite hard.
    JBEADAM
    Let's see here...could somebody please PM me and tell me why tube amps are so much better than combos? I have a Spider and it sounds really digital sometimes, and when two notes don't either make a power chord or fall into a scale...the distortion is an epic fail. Thanks for anyone who wants to help correct my noobish ways.
    kingofnima
    I think it looks gay and is a rip off... VOX valvetronics is better
    Ninja Penguin77
    With Proper the EQ set right on the amp it should be fine. If not, go for a EQ pedal with the amp.
    bignick99
    i've just got my r30 combo and i love the warm yet roaring gain, when my new tele arrives it's gonna scream!!!!!
    Ali-b912
    kradamek wrote: i just played on at me local music store with a 27 tele reissue, a squire strat and a jackson loaded wit passive emgs and the amp sounded amazing on every guitar. the way it responded to control adjustments was great! it is pretty expensive tho.
    lol i want a 27 tele hehehe.
    yeah, it totally rips all of the other bright orange amps off doesnt it?
    kradamek