Rocker 30 review by Orange

Orange: Rocker 30

I use a Ibanez RG550 reissue, I'm not sure what the pick ups are but they are 2 humbuckers and a single in the middle. It suits my style(80's metal) pretty well, although sometimes I need to use a tubescreamer or a OD pedal. It isn't noisy at all says clear at high levels. Although, this amp is definitely geared towards classic rock and blues. The clean channel is great and does get some dirt on it at very high levels but for the most part says very pristine clean.

It was a present so I can't complain, when I tweak it right I get the tones I'm looking for. I'd say it's a pretty versatile amp and takes well to pedals and all that. The only thing it can't do well is death metal(Br00t4ls) on it's own.

I'd gig without a back up. I haven't changed the tubes since I got it since I hardly play very loud besides Live shows. I take really great care of it also. It seems to be built like a tank, it is very heavy I'm not too sure why but this thing weighs a ton.

I think this amp was made in 2007-08 not too sure. I play heavy metal (mostly of the 80s) it's great but I'd like it to have a bit more gain, but that's nothing a good OD pedal can't fix! It has two channels clean and dirty. It is pretty basic two volumes, clean volume and dirty volume and hi, low, and mid knobs. I use this amp at my house and at small gigs it's good for both although definitely sounds better cranked as do all tube amps.

Zakkcd
    Guys, hungry trolls are hungry. They're probably 13 year old slipknot fans with B.C Rich's and Spider III's.
    Nothin wrong with Slipknot. Admittedly that guy was being a little shit, but don't diss a great band, please. On subject, I'm really looking to get one of these
    Ali-b912
    HELLSHREDD wrote: LINE6 SPIDERVALVE BLOWS ORANGE , & BY THE WAY ORANGE IS THE UGLYIEST AMP OUT THERE
    LINE 6 AMPS ARE AMPS TRYING TO BE OTHER AMPS. ENJOY YOUR GLORIFIED MARSHALL/MESA EMULATOR.
    leeskiii
    You must need 3 things. 1. A hearing AID 2. Glasses 3. A Life Oranges are the best made amps out there in my opinion. Line 6 suck with amps i know because i have one (bought it without testing). So everyone who thinks VOX OR LINE 6 Beat these Go get the 3 things i mentioned above. Thanks Anyways this amps clean sound is amazing. thats what i love about orange. mix this amp with a boss blues driver and itll sing like an angel.
    UnDistortion
    Lol, work on spelling, and you just like line 6 because you get a lot of effects, so get ready to realize that's not what it's all about because you won't get anywhere in guitar.
    dva450
    As a matter of fact. Jim Root from Slipknot uses 2 Orange rockerverb 100's as his main rig. Along with a Fender telecaster.
    Geeeeezer
    jammer-91 wrote: I think it looks gay and is a rip off... VOX valvetronics is better
    Completely disagree. Valvetronics is trying to make out that its the best of valve and solid state when its not. Its a poor compromise of both. The valves arent effective but make it cost more than a solid state. Go for one or the other, not a hybrid
    Rhoads_1096
    TaintedFearSBT wrote: LINE6 SPIDERVALVE BLOWS ORANGE , & BY THE WAY ORANGE IS THE UGLYIEST AMP OUT THERE And i thought it couldn't get any worse...
    He was joking
    blues-guitarist
    SwampAshSpecial wrote: is this amp too loud for home use?
    This amp can get really loud but it isnt too loud for home use. I had a JCM 800
    blues-guitarist
    My bad, pressed a button without noticing and my comment got published As I was saying, I had a Marshall JCM 800 before buying the R30 and I loved the tone of the JCM but i had to turn it up a lot to get that magical tone so I sold it and now that is not a problem...with the R30 you can a good tone without having to turn the volume up a lot...my recommendation....go try it!