Rockerverb 50 Combo review by Orange

Orange: Rockerverb 50 Combo

Purchased from: N/A

Like I said, this amp fits my music styles well. I use a JS100 guitar (Joe Satriani custom) and it sounds very good on this amp with a cry baby wah pedal here and there. This amp has the most exceptional clean channel I have ever heard and the overdive is just a little worse. I wouldn't call the distortion "brutal" but it gets the job done.

I have been playing for 4 years and this is one of the best non- head/cabnit amps I have heard and I have heard many. It fits my styles well as I said and the features are worth using. It is a bit pricy but you can snag this amp for cheap on eBay or some such place (I suggest online because Orange amps are at very few retail stores). In the end, this is a very good amp if yuo play similar styles as I do and I suggust you try it before buying.

I bought this amp becuase I heard that the Mars Volta's guitarist used them and because of this, I was expecting a very good amp, and I was not let down. The Rockerverb 50 Combo is a tube-driven amp with reverb built in (hence the name Rockerverb) I wish this amp had more effects but I am not complaining, it is one of the only amps who's reverb doesnt kill your tone, kudos Orange! I play classic rock and shred and some metal and this amp can do all of my styles with just the right amount of gain, and near perfect tone. All in all the featues on this amp are good.

MatrixClaw
    Jimbleton wrote: would i be able to run a head into this amp
    It's a combo...meaning it already has the head part built into it... You *could* use a head through it but you'd have to disconnect the speakers from the amp. Why would you buy such an expensive amp and then just use another head through it...?
    nirvallica
    I'm really glad you could do an honest review and not give it all 10's. But i'm also pissed off that by comparison of other amps this gets a shit rating. Nonetheless kudos on the good review buddy
    Lil Macker
    ThE_nXt_HeNdRiX wrote: would it be good for small concerts
    Dude, it's a tube, sooo, yes.
    Bloneymaloney
    Im just wondering if it is better to get a rockerverb 50 combo or get the head and cab separately.
    jordy-77
    Combo is cheaper but weighs a ton. But this is my favorite amp just bought it and it blows away most marshalls.