Rockerverb 50 Combo review by Orange

Orange: Rockerverb 50 Combo

Purchased from: Long and McQuade

I play a Gibson Les Paul, Fender MIA Strat, through a couple pedals. It has a crystal clear clean, which is a little weak but the dirty channel makes it all worth it. The dirty channel has crunch that is amazing because you can hear every note you play, unlike a mesa/boogie. You get a Jimmy Page to Slash Crunch when you turn the gain past half, and I find that it has better overall crunch then a Mesa. The reverb adds a very unique sound to your tone. If you want Classic Rock this is your amp! I've tried all the Marshall's, and this blew away the Vintage Modern, the Plexi was way too loud in order to get distortion, making this the perfect amp for anyone playing at home and gigging/recording. This amp has a very warm sound, but that comes when everything is around halfway. The only thing that keeps this from being the perfect tone is it's cleans are a little lacking in brightness, but still a great clean (close to Fender).

This is perfect for classic rock and blues, and has an amazing crunch. If you're thinking Marshall, don't get a Orange unless you can really crank the Marshall. I've been playing almost 3 and a half years and this is the best amp I've tried and I've spent hours in stores trying them out. This blew away my Mesa Boogie F-50! I would defianetaly buy this if it got lost (if I have the money). I compared this to a Marshall 1987xl, Fender Vibrolux and Twin Reverb, and Marshall Vintage Modern, a Mesa F-50, and this proved better for classic rock. Only thing I reallly wish it had was Fender cleans. But overall I love this amp and don't hate anything about it, it's almost perfect for me!

Yes, this amp is extremely heavey and solid. In the time I've had it I've had no problems. I trust this amp, and when I lift it I can tell it's built to last. I'm not too sure if this amp comes with a warranty because my parents picked it up (even though I'm paying for it). Get this amp because it is very reliable and has amazing tone!

This is the amp I've been looking for! It is an extremely versatile tube amp and can range from blues, to classic rock, to a hugeee crunch. I play classic rock and blues, and this thing is perfect. It's 50 watts, has a dirty and clean channel, with bass, treble, mids, and master volume, along with a fantastic sounding reverb. The 50 watts is enough for almost any gig up to playing madison square garden. This amp has a Effects loop, speaker inputs, 2 amazing Celestion V 30's, along with 6 tubes. I wish it had a mid control on the clean channel, and that's all that's missing from this amazinly versatile amp. Unfortunately the footswitch doesn't come with the amp and can be bought for 60$ (but I bought a cheaper one). I use this amp to practice, and play with my band, and it is loud enough.

schecter ftw
    HELLSHREDD wrote: For 800 bucks you all could own the new all tube amp from line6 that buck4buck would blow this overrated piece of orange away & then you could go buy a gibson axe & really kik arse , but most of you idiots would rather go waste your money so go spend your money on orange amps & dont forget to get a bottle of orange crush while you are at it you none metal geeks,LMAO
    You would rather have a fake sounding Line 6 than this?!?!?!? Were you even born with ears???
    sam1618
    another thing about the higher end oranges, is they record SOOO well. no direct lines of course, but puting a mic on the cabs is easy, and sounds great in the final mix.
    snakespan
    Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac and Oasis also used Orange though the Mac didn't use Rockerverb, they used orange amps for about a year out of the 3 years they were together.
    oldschoolsg
    HELLSHREDD wrote: You orange crush fags waste your money on a marshall sounding thing like this lmao, what big star uses this crap? no one lmao, have fun Um Andrew Stockdale from Wolfmother, the guitarist in Dead Meadow, the guitarist from The Mars Volta all use this amp. oh! and theres that other guy who played with robert plant, john paul jones and john bonham way back in the 70s. what was his name again? I guess HES not really a big star. Now for the list of famous guitarists who use line 6 amps: :well thats a good burn my friend alebro
    Apocalypse4162
    I'm stuck between getting this amp and the AD30TC. Which one is better? I'd be playing mainly classic rock, with more mild distortion, and a fair bit of clean too. I wouldn't be taking it all the way to shred or anything personally. Soo....?
    bede86
    Adam levine from maroon 5 uses line 6...but yeh oranges are nice sounding, Marshalls are not impressive to me, keep in my artists who use marshalls have 1970's done up models.
    BlaketheHero
    These amps really do sound so fricken sexy. Not what I'm looking for though =\ Too expensive. Versatile, yet, not versatile enough.
    metalxsymphony
    There are Line 6 amps out there. I was trying one that was a mix of Line 6's modeling, with Bogner's tube driven amp. Basically, it was a tube amp with Line 6's modeling effects. Even with the versatility, the computer chips made to drive the sound could not compare to the sound of the Orange or the Mesa's I tried out.
    ProgFolk12
    Man if I only had that kind of money...How good is the R30 cos I could afford that
    guitarshredder8
    so would you rather have a crappy digital modulation of an amp, or the tube driven bliss of the real thing! seems like a pretty easy answer if you ask me
    Hellsicke
    rock_and_blues wrote: if im running a big muff pi through it can i get good stoner rock/stoner metal tones like sabbath,witch, deep purple, electric wizard....etc?
    YESs THAT is the exact sound you will end up with. Not that the orange really needs the extra distortion from the muff to sound frreakin EVIL!!(do i havent heard the Pi's ) If your gonna go real slow and tune down a bit, get the AWESOME tube reverb on (never leave home without it). that plus the OD and the loww pass filter and compression in the muff will make it sound soo bign loud like an jet. close ur eyes and hear the colossus amp wall!!! Its the fine tasters choice of amp.... youll need some kind of syntheziser to get the purple organ sound but thats it. This combobaby even kicks marshall stacks in everything but those extras of 50watt volume. Ive just got extra cabinet in the cave to get behind the drummer, never needed one live.its so loud if you put it on ten chain it to something or it will walk away like a basedrum.. Toured 25+ shows with lended one. This baby sure can play Metal not cyberLine6 metal but it does eat hardcore sludge all kinds a heavy shit it got tons of bottom and tone even for a fuzzjunkie... and the atack always got the punch! never failed me but broke my back so get a rodie or a case with wheels unless you have time to gym. but u dont do u? suitable for reaggae too. Bless!
    sam1618
    you have to admit that the spiderIII all tube line6 is pretty sick, and makes every tone you may want, though not QUITE as good as the original amps. if your looking for some heavy/hardcore bands that use orange, just check out underoath and from first to last. orange dont cater to the high gain fanatics that there are, but as tim mctague from underoath told me, just get a good distortion peddle, and only turn the gain up a little, while keeping it mostly turned up on your head, and youll have what you need.
    f1sk
    i love the clean channels on them but as far as the distortion goes, I don't think I'll be getting rid of my mark IV anytime soon..... or at all really but the Mark IV's clean channel (though versatile) leaves something to be desired, I think I'll go orange
    jordy-77
    Y0UNGBL00D wrote: there is a reason people who could buy literally any amp on earth stick with orange. and yes, jimmy page himself brought on of the new 40th anniversary models out for the reunion show. 30 days until i grab up either my rockerverb 50 head or the thunderverb 50 head. and a slant 412 orange cab. i have about $8000 i can throw into my amp setup, and guess what, NO line 6 could ever demand the $3000 im about to drop on my orange and have anyone buy it. period. and for people looking for "the br00talz" distortion, two words. metal muff.
    You have a good point but they use line 6's live just for the conveniences, they'll mostly record with a high end tube amp, and no, line 6's are not better than an orange, its a tube amp and line 6 is modelling.
    Y0UNGBL00D
    recliner33
    alebro wrote: HELLSHREDD wrote: You orange crush fags waste your money on a marshall sounding thing like this lmao, what big star uses this crap? no one lmao, have fun Um Andrew Stockdale from Wolfmother, the guitarist in Dead Meadow, the guitarist from The Mars Volta all use this amp. oh! and theres that other guy who played with robert plant, john paul jones and john bonham way back in the 70s. what was his name again? I guess HES not really a big star. Now for the list of famous guitarists who use line 6 amps LMAO
    Alot of famous people play both line 6 and orange amps. I checked a list of lots of famous musicians that play the line6 on their website. As far as orange go, they probably have a list of the famous musicians on their site too or on wikipedia or something. But really, who cares who plays what? Just cause a famous person plays a certain amp does not mean it is the best amp in the world, you gotta get whatever feels right for you and not your idols. I'd get an orange amp but I'm too cheap to buy one. I just bought a line6 amp for alot cheaper and they are probably just as good, or close. With orange you are just paying for the name mostly.
    alebro
    LMAO
    thebrewfan
    schecter ftw
    The question is, what artist use Line 6 amps.
    HELLSHREDD
    deelaz
    line6 is super sucky! rather save up some money and buy the real thing, i own orange ad30r combo amp, and it really shocks me! you wont believe how load this amp could perform, so buying crappy modulation will waste more money, i bought this amp with quite an amount of money but it really pays me back
    rock_and_blues
    GTFO noob I want one of these sooooo badly....god i can almost taste it if im running a big muff pi through it can i get good stoner rock/stoner metal tones like sabbath,witch, deep purple, electric wizard....etc?
    HELLSHREDD
    jordy-77
    I personally prefer Orange's OD over Mesa's its alot clearer and has a 'better sounding' crunch, but not so much for death metal, but yes for classic rock/80's metal.
    samwise10
    um i realise that im referring to a comment posted about 4 years ago but i couldnt help myself.. the comment posted by HELLSHREDD: you are a brainless clueless guitarist who clearly doesnt know what hes talking about. first of all you write about how good line 6's are and how they shred on orange amps, well tell me everyone what would you rather use, a crapy line 6 that is sure fun to pay around with but lets be srious has a pretty shitty quality sound, did i also mention how they are a korean made product that has only been around since 1996 and only made a name for itself in the 2000's because of line 6's 'POD' which is not an amp.. orr a quality company that makes their amps in england. orange makes the most versatile amps that have roar power let me tell you a 50 watt all vavle combo orange is almost as loud as my brothers marshall stack which all up has 350 watts of power and is only a year old not to mention oranges 40 odd years of experience in amps as they were created in the late 1960'S. all the other people who wrote comments on wat was actually true abought orange amps, good on ya guys you know what your talking about. but you HELLSHREDD you are a kook when it comes to amps and i am quite the metal head myself and if you knew anything about metal you 'non metal geek' you would know that slipknot use orange amps. mate your writing about shit you dont even know anything about. heres a list of big bands/artists that use orange amps: arctic monkeys the strokes job fot a cowboy gary moore has had his go with them jimmy page the kaiser chiefs powder finger wolf mother the cure orange goblin give me a bunch of big bands that use line 6 amps, sorry but you couldnt give me anything impressive... to everyone else that is looking to buy the Orange rockerverb 50 combo, i find it is the next step above most amps with its versatility it gets a good metal tone, blues tone and has an awsome clean channel. it is a really simple amp to use with just two simple chanels, clean and dirty, also if you love your effects pedals this amp is great for it because of its simple use and really good quality clean chanel. thers a reason your paying $2000 plus for it and not paying $800 for it. so if your looking for a good amp with lots of punch and power try the orange rockerverb 50 watt combo.