Rockerverb 50 Head review by Orange

Orange: Rockerverb 50 Head

Price paid: € 1200

I use a Gibson Les Paul Studio with it or my Hagstrom Viking, with the first one this guitar gives me an amazing distortion sound, the cleans are Cristal clear.. Very nice really, I can with this guitar achieve heavier sounds with this amp I think with a Jackson or Dean guitar I can do Heavy Metal heasily, with my Hagstrom this amp gives me a nice jazz sound well more blues than jazz.. Warm OD and deep clear cleans.

I'm very pleased with the amp, it was the best choice I could haver made. If it was now I would buy this amp again, Orange amps are very nice amps... If you play metal.. I'll say maybe don't buy this one the 100 watts will suit your style perfectly. But if you play Rock, Jazz or blues and even Pop this amp is your amp.

I had a problem with it when I purchased it in a tube, but it as because of the transport and those gorillas that transport the stuff I'll not mention the name of the transport company but you all know that those guys are a bit **++, after I solved the problem with the tube I never had other problems with it, very reliable and trusted amp... A bit heavy but the construction of this amp is incredible... A real tank, this is meant to last.

2008, I play Rock/Jazz/Pop. Music it suit's my style perfectly. But can easily play heavier Styles like Metal, 2 channels switchable manually or by footswitch, clean and OD, EQ for each channel, FX loop, etc. 50 watts. (this Thing is Loud... Really ), etc... This amp has a lot of features. Just don't have Fx apart from reverb on it which I like that.

Lee_home
    i don't really think its too complicated.. ir only as the knobs for the bass, mids and treble. and the gain knob you need to spend some time to find the exact sound you like for after that you only change volumes... its nice.. about the 100 watts head the watts are not the only dif. the valves are different too RV50 uses ecc83 and 6v6 the RV100 uses ecc83 and EL34
    Thom3000
    If I replaced the 6v6's with El34's like the 100watt would they sound pretty much the same? I Love the tone of the 100 watt but I need less power.
    SwampAshSpecial
    IMO this seems like the perfect cross between a Marshall and a Mesa (voiced towards Classic Rock/Classic Metal but with a dedicated clean channel, 6v6s and a dark, liquid overdrive that reminds me of warm coffee...
    pamisano
    So, what does everyone mean by too compressed? Just want to hear what your definition of compressed is. I have the 100 and love it. One thing I have noticed, though, is that to get the true tone of the amp, it really needs to warm up. I mean warm up the tubes. I notice that after we run through a song or two, the amp starts to come alive and letting it sit on standby for 10 minutes, doesn't really allow it to warm up. I use the Rockerverb for everything from pop to classic rock to metal. With some tweaks you can get a variety of sounds. I also have a Krank, no I am not a speed metal guy, but the Krank is more defined. It is less forgiving each note is distinct individually or in chords. I wish the Orange had that clarity. The Orange is capable of playing a variety of styles of music. Anyone who says differently hasn't spent enough time with it or doesn't know their way with tone knobs. The effects loop if fantastic and the reverb is good as well. My 2 cents...
    LukeBTH
    airliner wrote: Why the hell would a 100 watt rockverb suit metal style better? It's the same amp except with twice the wattage. If anything, you will have to turn up the amp more to get more distortion, which is what a metal player would be trying to do if they weren't using any distortion effects. And why would you be able to do heavy metal easily with a Jackson or Dean guitar? Cause they're advertised as metal guitars? The only difference I could imagine would be that they have thinner necks and high output pickups, but not having one of those guitars is honestly a crappy excuse for not being able to play a genre of music you otherwise would EASILY be able to play with one.
    Because the 50 watt Rockerverb has 6V6 tubes, while the 100 watt has EL34's in it, which can be swapped out for 6550's or KT88's. With that being said, the 100 watt version's tubes lean more toward a metal player's taste that the 50 watt version's tubes.
    airliner
    jetwash69 wrote: airliner wrote: ...And why would you be able to do heavy metal easily with a Jackson or Dean guitar? Cause they're advertised as metal guitars? The only difference I could imagine would be that they have thinner necks and high output pickups... How about jumbo frets and a whammy bar? 25.5" scale is helpful to for fast bends and vibrato when bending 2 steps. Also something that can handle skinny top heavy bottom strings without warping the neck or pulling it through a hollow body. 24 frets helps, too. Sure, great players can shred on anything, but they'll be a lot less limited with a guitar designed for it.
    You just taught me something new about metal guitars. But honestly I don't think this guy can shred let alone bend 2 whole steps on anything
    Lee_home
    guitarNbass : SeanX3187 wrote: how about punk? basic I-IV-V style punk (ramones, rancid) and some ska like big d and the bosstones. i have a jcm 900 head that sounds amazing for that stuff, but i was thinking at some point down the road i'd pick up an Orange and this one sounds like it'd be good.
    yes its just a matter of twiking EQ, gain and vol in the amp..i'm shure you can do that I never said in the review but i use with the head a orange pp212 open back cab
    guitarNbass
    any amp ever could play ramones. With punk its just about how you attack the guitar, and make sure you're on the bridge pickup.
    chiliwillifreak
    Now here are comments you can use.
    chiliwillifreak
    Agreed, Poor review IMO. At no point does this person sound experienced in... anything.
    jetwash69
    airliner
    Deacon Blues
    this amp is good, but if its a more vintage style gain structure you want look at the AD30 orange. +1 to the folks who think the rockerverb is too compressed. i completely agree
    dcdossett65
    USAPeavey wrote: AngryGoldfish wrote: This amp is too compressed for my tastes. Solid amp, though. Mine is at low volumes, but cranked past noon, it doesnt even sound like a 6v6 I agree... I was never a fan of the grainy overdrive either
    SeanX3187
    USAPeavey
    I agree... I was never a fan of the grainy overdrive either
    pop_o
    Has any one experienced the orange thunderverb50? I guess it's a rockerverbish amp, with attenuator, or completely defferent?