Tiny Terror review by Orange

Orange: Tiny Terror

Purchased from: Local Music Shop

I play mine with an LTD EC-400 with an EMG 81/60 pickup combination. I honestly bought mine with the intent of using it for metal, but it will not work for modern metal without the aid of an overdrive pedal in front of it (I use a TS-9 tubescreamer). Regardless of a pedal or not, this thing sounds absolutely amazing! Will fit everything from blues all the way up to hard rock without the aid of footpedals. It is also very loud, you could easily do a small gig with it. The "clean" sound is only clean at low volumes however, but it is a low power class A tube amp so this should be expected. It does make a little bit of noise when you crank the volume past half way, but it's something you could deal with.

I've been playing for 4 years now and this thing is one of the best sounding heads I've ever played for the money (and I have played a lot of them). This head suits me perfectly with metal, as well as punk. If this was stolen I would without a doubt buy another. I love the simplicity of the head, if you really wan't to tweak the settings to the finest points you could buy an equalizer but it doesn't really need it. I don't really hate anything on the head. This head sounds very similar (in my opinion) to a Marshall Vintage Modern, except the Tiny Terror has more gain.

Mine is build like a tank. I would definately gig it without a backup. The only way I could ever see this thing breaking is if you dropped it and one of the tubes Busted. I've never had a problem with mine. I like the EL-84's, their fairly cheap to replace and don't need biasing.

I didn't look at the serial number but mine is made in Korea. Very simple controls: gain, volume, and tone. It only has one channel but it's not too much of a hassle to just turn the knobs. It has one 16 ohm output, and two 8 ohm outputs. So you can run one 16 ohm cab, one 8 ohm cab, or two 16 ohm cabs. The features are once again very simple but not bad. The only thing I don't like is that Orange doesn't include any kind of manual for the Tiny Terror or have anything available on their website.

Carswell98
    WTF i visited a local CANADIAN music store the other day and they were selling a tiny terror for 200CND
    Ali-b912
    randomcomicboy
    For $650 Canadian I can get a 40 Watt Fender Deluxe!
    yeah, but fender amps dont do the business like orange. i like the cleans, but the OD doesn't really do it for, well, anyone. also, its a fender so it will be cheaper in north america and orange will obviously be a bit more expensive since its a british brand. in england a fender hot rod deluxe is about 920CND.
    How's the clean channel on this?
    amazing, put them pedals away (unless its for some metal OD) because the cleans sparkle really nicely
    Ali-b912 : just to clarify, heads are meant to add control features to cabinets right? this would explain the prices and is my geuss but im a noob
    the head is basically the preamp, so it will generate the sound, but the speaker changes it from electric energy to sound energy, i think. combos put both of them together so it is easier to transport.
    randomcomicboy
    randomcomicboy : i like the cleans, but the OD doesn't really do it for, well, anyone.
    i was talking about the fender amp btw. i sorta confused myself when i read it haha