Tiny Terror review by Orange

Orange: Tiny Terror

Price paid: A$ 701.5

Purchased from: Private

With this amp I am using a Schecter blackjack C1-FR (with Seymour Duncan JB and 59') and for my styles listed above it covers about 3/4. For clean blues and slightly crunchy blues it is fantastic. The gain can be set at around 3 and I can turn it (the volume) up enough to get some minor breakup in the tubes to give a nice warm, smooth tone with humbuckers and a very crisp midrange with bright (but still smooth) highs when coil tapped. Turning the tone knob seems to adjust the presence of highs and mid-range frequencies (I leave tone at 6). Turning the gain up to about 5, gives a great classic rock tone (cream to some ZZ top) with fat bass and an overall crunchy blues influenced rock. With the gain up at 6-8.5 harder rock sounds can be achieved such as Led Zep (6) to Big bad moon- Joe Satriani and Rusty old boat- Paul Gilbert. Distortion after this gain to my ears just adds a little extra noise. Sorry I don't get teh br00talz without an OD pedal.

For blues, jazz, blues rock, classic rock and some hard-ish rock this amp is great, I have been playing for about 2 years now and own a Schecter Blackjack C1-FR. My first amp was a Marshall MG and in comparison this amp is godlike in tone. With an OD pedal this would definitely cover the Br00talz depending on your cabinet, but probably not Death metal because of the EL84's more crunch tones. I was going to buy a Carvin X60B before the economy went [shizzle]e and still would like one, but I am very happy with the Tiny Terror. The Vintage crunch tone is great because that's about 3/4s of what I play, and it is one of the best amps in it's price range. I would like for it to have a 3 way EQ but a good pedal can do that anyway. I would raise Bruce Lee from the grave to teach me martial arts so I could kick the ass of whoever tries to steal it.

Its seems loud enough to me for small gigs, but I am not sure I would want to use it for gigs without a better cab. The amp hasn't broken down or anything, although something did fall out of the carry case when I took the amp out for the first time, but I can't find what it did. I haven't had it up loud enough on the 15 watt setting to test clean headroom, and haven't had it long enough to make complete assumptions on reliability, but the Tiny Terror is sturdy and always ready to play when I am (after a minute). Spare tubes are always necessary for gigs I guess

I am not too sure about the year of this amp, I would think 2007/8, as I bought it this year in almost perfect condition. I play a lot of different styles from thrash to hard rock, to classic rock to blues. This amp is being played through and Epiphone Valve Junior cab and gives me a very Vintage sound, it can give a variety of tones, but can't quite cover everything. it's a single channel all tube amp with a variable wattage Switch so you can choose either 15 or 7 Watts. The power amps are EL84's, I am not sure of the brand. It has Volume, tone and gain knobs. And 1x16ohm and 2x8ohm outputs. I wish it had bass, mid and treble knobs but oh well. I use it for bedroom use, on 7 watts, and with the gain at 6, I don't really use it above volume 3. Also came with carry case, terrifying.

dk13
    It can compete with a lot of 30 watt solid state amps and is usually a quarter of their size.
    Don't mind me saying, but this thing wouldn't just 'compete' with any solid state, it would obliterate it. I mean it's got two El84s for crying out loud, and they're not just there for show you know!
    Shodan
    At around 6 minutes you see the demo of the tiny terror's volume through an Orange 4X12 Cab. At just 7 watts...its louder than the drum set! The guy's reaction's pretty funny.