Tiny Terror Combo review by Orange

Orange: Tiny Terror Combo

I only have an Ibanez GRG but even though this is only an entry level guitar the tone is brilliant! Cleans are not quite on par with the better Fender amplifiers, but they come close, and when you turn the gain up you can get very very nice crunch sounds. The distortion from my ME - 50 (which really depends on the quality of the amp, I used to use a Spider II [EEEK] and it sounds dreadful through that - I'm not talking about the distortion pedals, just the effects and delay because I know how bad they work through a modeling amp) sounds great through the amps clean sound, you can still get the clarity of each individual note, rather than a horrible mush on higher gain, and it handles creamy lead sounds perfectly. I play a lot of Guns N' Roses, some Hendrix etc. I like Classic Rock, Hard Rock and anything softer than that and with some sort of distortion device this amp is perfect! When I use the gain on the amp it can easily handle most types of Rock, but if you are into modern metal this amp is definitely not for you on it's own, there are probably amps which play metal a lot better if you look around. I love the tone of this amp, it makes me wonder HOW I ever coped with a Line 6 Spider, and beats that POS in every way by several miles! Playing through an amp with such lovely tone has given me full understanding of why people bash the Spider's so much on UG forums, even the amp's best channel, the insane setting is a load of crap when compared with the distortion tones that thing produced, words cannot describe the difference in quality! This amp is also great for blues, playing Clapton through this beast sounds brilliant. So all in all GREAT tone.

This amp is perfect for me, I don't dislike anything about it, I doubt I would change anything! I jam with friends occasionally, and in a small hall this was fine above a drummer, and I had a little head room left, however if you play larger venues you will need something bigger! It's great for bedroom playing, you can play fine without disturbing people! I looked at a Laney VC30 and a similar Peavey amp, but at the end of the day this blew both away!

It seems to be made very solidly, however I have only owned it a week so I have no idea how it will cope in the long run. I would not owrry about the odd bash to this thing however (though I would hate to see that happen to my amp!) because it does seem strong.

The amp was made this year, it was announced in march and I'm not sure about the release date, but I think late summer. The amplifier has only got a gain, tone and volume control so built in features wise it does not have a lot, however hopefully you will own some fx pedals or an fx unit in which case you won't have a problem with this. It would have been nice to have bass, mid and treble controls but as I will get onto in the sound, this is a very minor gripe because the tone is brilliant already! You can Switch between 7 and 15 watts, though I think there is little difference between the two on a cleaner sound, when you Switch to something heavier in gain the 7 watt is useful for keeping it quiet! Which I think is a very clever little feature for bedroom practice, as this amp is ideal for bedroom playing. The amplifier is a tube amp, and a combo form of the earlier TT, I think the sound is slightly better than the original head with a cab, because it is housed very well inside the amp and allows a better tone. I use an ME-50 through this so I have no problems with the lack of features, and to be honest it doesn't really need Bass, Mid and Treble anyway, the features it comes with are fine, though I would recommend a distortion pedal if you don't have one so you can get hard rock/ old metal sounds.

jeTTa02
    No, you can play only pop & country songs if you have metal zone/core..
    Notmewtwoguitar
    Yep, all i have is a boss me-50, so not as good as an individual pedal, but because of the vintage tones and feel this amp has a fuzz pedal sounds great. Best try it for yourself so you can decide if you like it, but you can get really rich psychedelic fuzz, tones similar to Hendrix or even the more modern sharp sounds Muse achieve.
    Crank_it_to11
    Man, I'm really confused between the line6 spider jam, the Line6 Sipider Valve MkII 112 40w 1x12, and the orange tiny terror combo... Can someone tell me what's the best (price/quality/verstility[from blues to metal] and if it can gig or not) or a orange tiny terror head and a cab (head+cab, about the same price as the combo or with a 100$ range) [I do know that Line6 hasn't got as much quality as orange but it has so much to choose from (effects) and I do like this feature, however I have a FX multi-effects pedal so I think I could do without them ]
    Crank_it_to11
    or should I get the tiny terror head and then a cab if so can you please advice a cab to buy (head+cab, about the same price as the combo)
    Crank_it_to11
    Man, I'm really confused between the line6 spider jam, the Line6 Sipider Valve MkII 112 40w 1x12, and the orange tiny terror combo... Can someone tell me what's the best (price/quality/verstility[from blues to metal] and if it can gig or not) [I do know that Line6 aren't nearly as good as an orange, but it has a huge amount of effects and it's very versatile]
    VintageZen
    bede86 wrote: im considering getting one, just for the rehearsal studio. Whats better the head and an orange cab...or the combo and buy a cab later?
    Get the head. Its more flexible and weights as much as a feather. So its easier to carry around should your gig have cabs ready. Plus it looks more badass.
    bede86
    krumpinjugger
    ProgFolk12 wrote: Does the combo have an output for a 4x12 or 2x12 cab if you need more volume? Or do you have to mic it up?
    yes it has 2 8 ohm outputs and one 16 ohm. i have a question too- if i put a fuzz pedal in front of this amp will it sound any good?
    ProgFolk12
    ProgFolk12
    I liked the rocker 30 but it's actually too loud, this seems perfect especially because I don't have to carry around a cab like with the TT head
    Notmewtwoguitar
    hahaha sorry that's not intentional, I assure you I'm not a fanboy, but if the rest of their amps are to this standard (I'm not so sure because some of my friends have not been so impressed with some of the other models) then eventually I might become one I'm very open about different brands though, if I was looking at amps in future I wouldn't buy an orange amp just because I liked this one, I'd look at what was best for my price range.
    festivalinhell
    Crank_it_to11 having owned both an orange and a line 6 at different points id definitely recommend the Orange. Their quality is much much better and they dont skimp on their parts you get top of the line speakers, tubes, etc. Line 6 tend to go where mass production usually goes by putting in whatevers cheap and doesnt hurt their reputation (eg. the bottom of the barrel celestions instead of the green backs or classics.)