G10 review by Park

Park: G10

Purchased from: A family friend

This amp sounds pretty sweet with my guitar, the clean channels are pretty nice and the distortion is ok, just not good for my style music, which is why I bought a DS-1. it's can be pretty loud on max but it doesn't sound too good on max I keep it around 75 percent volume. The amp doesn't have much variety in sounds but it works for beginners. The distortion can be brutal when both knobs are turned up all the way but it's just too much. Best settings for the distortion if you wanna use it is gain 1 up all the way and gain 2 at about 50 percent.

I play mostly punk and metal and it works well except your gonna need a pedal to get some good distortion I recommend a DS-1. I've been playing about a year and I recently upgraded to a Spider III 75 watt which is a huge difference. I got a really good deal with it and I don't regret paying 25 dollars for it. If I were to lose it I wouldn't get another just because I got better now but if it were a couple of months ago I would a def got another one of these just cause there so reliable. I wish it had better distortion and some reverb. You might be able to find this on eBay sometimes for a cheap price, it's quite the steal for beginners of all kinds.

I can depend on it and I will prob gig with this in a couple of months cause it's very portable and I don't plan on doing a big gig yet. This amp never really gave me any problems so I have no complaints. The jacks don't seem like they'll ever have problems and the knobs are pretty good. This amp is built to last, end of story.

I belive this amp was made in the 80s or maybe even the '70s. It's basically a lower version of a Marshall MG series. This amp is pretty versatile for my style of playing which is punk and metal. It could work with any style your just gonna def need a distorion pedal for it cause the distortion is lacking. It has a volume knob, 2 gain knobs, and a bass mid and treble knob. It also has a headphone jack which is a nice addition but I never used it. I wish it had more power and more distortion and some reverb.

petey gunnz
    lmao i actually just gigged with it a couple of days ago and it failed me horribly so i take back what i said up there