Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses) review by Slipknot

Slipknot: Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses)
  • Released: May 25, 2004

Slipknot is definitely one unique sounding band. I liked lighter music such as Van Halen and stuff. My cousin introduced me to the world of metal with bands such as Metallica, Slayer, All that Remains and of course SLIPKNOT! Slipknot (on this album) shows a lighter side on two or three songs, and for the first time, Guitar SOLOS! They combine Death Metal, light rock, I guess rap, and they basically are their own genre.

Corey's lyrics fit great with the songs, and I enjoy them. One big difference from the first two albums(not MFKR), is that there is much less swearing and cursing. I don't mind the cursing so much, but it let's younger kids listen to Slipknot also. Corey's a great singer.

Some very memorable tracks are Three Nil, Pulse of the Maggots, The Nameless, Duality, Opium of the People, and my personal favorite Vermillion. I love the fact that it's different from the first two, but don't like how Slipknot sort of lost their really unique sound. If this album were lost or stolen I would definetely get a new one.