6505 Head review by Peavey

Peavey: 6505 Head

Purchased from: AmericanMusical.com

I use a Schecter C-1 Plus with an EMG 81 in the bridge and 85 in the neck. It sounds amazing for any types of metal. It has plenty of crunch and lead sounds are brutal although the amp is a little fizzy sometimes but that could also be my cab and tubes. People say it is noisy but really it isn't much of a problem on mine. It's got a little bit of versatility. I can get some great rock tones out of it and maybe some decent classic rock sounds too if I try hard. The clean channel is hard to keep from distorting but I personally like it distorting a tiny bit. The distortion is one of the best out there in my opinion.

For metal this is a dream amp. I've been playing for 2 years and never came across anything better. I would like to try out a mesa and maybe some Engls and Bogners just to see how much I like them compared to this head. I would replace this in an instant. It's always nice to have a 6505 around in the studio.

I'm pretty sure I can depend on this head without a backup. There has never been a problem with it and I've had it for about 2 months. It came with a 3 year warranty which is pretty nice. It is built pretty tough. It seems as if I could drop it and it would be fine other than a tube breaking or something. I don't have any thing to say about the Peavey service as I haven't dealt with them yet.

I got the amp Brand New. For extreme metal there isn't a better amp out there in my opinion. It has 2 channels: rhythm and lead. It came with a footswitch. It has 2 inputs: 1 for high gain and 1 for normal gain. It has an effects loop and a preamp out that works pretty good. The only things I wish it would have is a more responsive presence knob and a better clean channel. I use this head at home for now but it has plenty of power for a good sized gig.

ilovemySG
    i picked up this amp today at a local music store and i absolutly loved the distortion. I play metal and blues in my band. ( haha yea funny combination...laugh now!) So its either good cleans or good gains for me, im just gunna buy a blues driver or something to make up for the okay cleans on this peavey