6534+ review by Peavey

Peavey: 6534+

It has all the same features as the 6505+ but with el34's. I actually love the simplicity of these amps, just enough features and nothing over the top.

- 120 watts RMS into 16, 8, or 4 ohms
- Preamp output
- Effects loop
- Bias test point
- Footswitch included

Being mostly a metal and metalcore guitarist, this amp kicks a$$. I know a lot of people prefer the 6505/6505+, but I find the 6534+ much warmer and organic. I find the 34+ to be more versatile than it's noisier brothers. Running into an Orange 412 with V30 and used an EC1000 with a JB/59 set up.

Clean: It isn't as nice as the JSX or 5150III, but it definitely improved over the 6505. With the right settings and some reverb you'd be surprised how sparkly it can sound.

Crunch: Definitely the most versatile channel I've ever seen on a Peavey amp (maybe any amp). You can go from blues to metal and everything in between on one channel. This channel with a od in front, can produce a crushing metal tone.

Lead: This channel is ridiculous, more gain than you will ever need. That being said, the el34's make the harmonics really stand out and just has a better flavor distortion. You can definitely tell it's part of the 6505 line. no problem there, it has more of a punch and the 6505 has more of a sizzle.

It's a Peavey, it will survive anything. I have dropped these heads, left them in hot cars, I mean you name it. It has the Peavey 5 year warranty which is great. I can't say enough about Peavey's customer service. They have a store in Hollywood and the staff is just great, they had a wall of Peaveys to try and that's how I knew this was the amp for me. Anyways, back to the main point, these amps are reliable and definitely durable. Ive owned Marshalls, Mesas, Bugeras (the worst), you name it and nothing last like a Peavey.

It's definitely not the "Marshall of Peaveys" but I might dare say it's the orange of Peaveys..? I prefer the el34, just works better for my band, I find I stand out in the mix more :). The only thing i hate about the amp is the weight... weighs a ton. It is noisy, but a NS2 will take care of that :). You really can't go wrong with any of the 6505 amps (or 5150). If your looking for a more versatile 6505, or just a metal machine that has good cleans, this is the amp for you.

*I might throw in some KT77's and do a review on the amp with those in it.