Audition 110 review by Peavey

Peavey: Audition 110

Purchased from: craigslist

I use a Epiphone venetian preformer which, is, a Acoustic electric. I mostly play jazz and blues which isn't the pickiest of genres as long as you have the jazz style of playing things. For me this amp is great for me because of the Dirty setting which ultimately makes it fit in with the rest of my jazz band. Sometimes it can get a lot of feedback at times, but that usually will ware off in about 4 minutes. WHen you want it to be though it can be super loud for a 25-watt.

For most of the hating that I do on this amp, I have to say it's working pretty well for me.I did compare these to many other amps including the Vox VT30 ( my first choice) the only reason I bought this one was that my dad had bullied me into buying the peavy off of craigslist. My final say is if your tight on cash and you need it now buy it. If not, wait a while and buy the Vox VT30 instead, it has a little more quality and effects than the peavy.

Since I've been playing for only about two years, I would have to rely on this for my performances, It hasn't let me down yet. I bought this off a long time guitar player for 100$ and he said he never had to work on it before so I would say it's built pretty tough.

this amp is a great cheap amp with not many dials and nob to mess around with. It has a basic E.Q.,a clean setting, and a what Peavy calls a "dirty channel" (basically a distorted version.). This is one of the "transtube" models, Peavy's take at mimicking tube amps. This does not work to well. Overall this is a basic practice to very-small- gig amp.

brummiedaz
    I went looking for one of these based on your reviews, thanks for those. Picked one up on craigslist for $70 and am more than happy with it. Playin a yamaha pacifica through it and the range of sounds is almost endless. Its clean sound using the neck pickup and a little reverb is excellent. The distortion it can produce is good although if playin metal you might want to buy a pedal because it does sound a bit generic. Lots of power and versitiliy for a practice amp and would definitly buy another one. thanks all