Backstage review by Peavey

Peavey: Backstage

Purchased from: Recieved as a gift

I use this amp with my Peavey Raptor and my S101 Stratocaster. They both have the same configurations, Humbucker, Single, Single. They are made of different woods, though. It suits my music style very well for a small amp. It is kind of noisy to me, but I just think that the electronics in my house are what causes the problems with the feedback. This amp has a fair variety of sound. Two EQ knobs can give you a high/low sound. The clean channel gets every sound at a high volume. 1 bad fret can ruin an entire song with this amp. The overdrive is only built-in effect. It has a knob determining the intensity of the sound, but it all sounds the same.

It is mainly built for metal, in my opinion, but it is a good addition to any guitarist's arsenal. I have been playing electric guitar for about 1&1/2 years now. I recieved it as a gift, so I don't really have very many questions to ask about it, but if I did have questions, I would ask my neighbor who let me have this amp. I like the fact that it can generate tube-like sounds in a very small package. My favorite feature would be the headphone jack it is very well-designed and makes playing at night easier. I don't have a music store around here, so I didn't have anything to compare it to. If this amp needed anything, that would be more effects.

I can depend on this amp for small things, but I've had one before break down. Something with the electronics caused this breakdown. It is a solid-state amp, so it won't need any tubes or much repair. This amp has corner protectors for that extra bit of help. I never have used it in my gigs. I just use it for practice when I play my electric guitars.

This amp is very good for a solid-state guitar amp. It has quite a few features. Some of these features are overdrive, headphone jack, cd input, and EQ knobs. The person Who gave me this amp said he has had it for about two years. It has only one channel. I use this amp at my friends' house whenever we get together and play. It gets fairly loud, but has more of a darker sound. It is a great value for a starter's 10-watt amp. If it needed anything, that would be more effects.