Backstage review by Peavey

Peavey: Backstage

I have a Kramer Focus with stock H/S/S pickups and this amp delivers like no other. It's quiet all the time unless you kick in the reverb (I don't use it much). This amp is good for rock and rock only but I'm happy with it because that's all I play. Cleans suck at concert or practice volumes but I rarely use them. Distortion just isn't even funny.

I play rock. 'nuff said. I've been playin since I was 12 and I'm 15 now but I keep up with veterans and I have a keen ear for good gear. I own a Hartke piggy back tube head/cab combo and it's great for cleans but distortion can't hold a candle to the Peavey. I'd beat the shit outta anyone that messed with this because it's got a sentimental value to it and it's just a great amp.

I don't use backups and I've had it for 3 years and it's been great. Not plannin on bringin a backup anytime soon so I trust this thing night and day. I treat this thing like absolute shit and it don't care, it just shrugs it off and keeps on jammin without a hitch.

No clue when this puppy was made but my guess is either '80s or '70s. It's been passed from guitarist to guitarist in my family so it's had its fair share of things. Only one channel makes it hard to play more complex songs but it's great for what I play (southern rock and older metal). For bein solid state it's got some great distorted tones, best with scooped mids. Cleans aint all that great.

kleifheit13
    i have the old school version of this amp from the 80's and it works like a charm. my uncle has the same thing and it works great so i think y'all are talkin about the new one. OLDSCHOOL RULES!!
    eclipse2411
    It does the job for someone whos been playing for around 10 months but then its time to upgrade(considering you've been practicing) . You dont need all the knobs as other amps when your starting because even if you had them it wouldnt make you sound better. It Dosent get the sound out of guitar , A les paul will sound the same as a strat or at least its very hard to tell. Great beginner amp , not so great for anything else.