Backstage review by Peavey

• Reviewer's score: 4 Poor
Peavey: Backstage

I play through a Squier Modified Affinity Strat, and a Zoom G2.1u effects pedal. It sounds bearable through the pedal, but otherwise it really isn't suited to classic rock. My pedal has a noise gate so noise is only a problem when I play straight into it. It's a practice amp so I realise that I can't expect a lot. Once I get past around 8 volumewise the cleans sounds distorted. The distortion is buzzy and very deep and muddy.

Doesn't suit my playing style. Peavey's cheapest amp, and it shows. I wished I'd read some reviews before buying. I wouldn't bother buying another one. There aren't many redeeming features, it's loud and robust. I wish it had a middle knob, and a reverb knob. Don't buy this unless you want a cruddy practice amp that's built for you. If for some inexplicable reason you do. Buy it!

I don't ever plan to gig with this as it's a practice amp. It's built like a brick, and will probably never break. Ever. Never had to contact Peavey about it. It's been left in the rain, and survived. It could probably survive a nuclear fallout. It will never need servicing, and is a dependable amp on the whole.

2005 model I think. Very poor versaltility. One channel. 4 knobs. Overdrive, master volume, high, and low. Headphone socket, and CD input. The volume levels are pretty impressive for a 10w amp. I play mainly classic rock, and the amp is not suited to it. It's not really suited to playing anything. Wish the amp had reverb and a middle knob.

king666nothing
    guitarfreak222
    king666nothing wrote: This was my first amp ever - and it sucked so bad I ended up pawning it with no regret. There's no distortion, so you can't play metal (overdrive sucks). It's noisy as hell.
    It's not meant to sound good or anything fancy like that. It's just a small practice amp, it isn't for gigs or anything. You don't need like the best tone in the world just to practice back stage or at home because no one's going to hear you.. Stop bitching about this amp guys...