Backstage 110 review by Peavey

Peavey: Backstage 110

My guitar is always on the pickup closest to bridge, In combo with the clean/crunchiness of the amp, So I can have an Indie kind of Clean like (Arctic Monkey's/The Wombats/Blur - Song 2/Nirvana). For all you punkers on here (I know there are like 3 punkers and like 10k metalheads) But this thing is awesome for Punk, Even when not used with a Boss DS-2 the Distortian channel is available to really punk out. It fits my style perfect, why? Because I use the clean/crunch like I told earlier and in combo with my Boss DS-2 it sounds God Smackingly Glorious. And my style is a lot of grunge/punk/indie/alternative. This thing is very loud, Not necesarily noisy cause the sound coming from it sounds and feels very compressed wich is a good thing I think. When practicing I have to put the volume on 2/10 So that's very loud. The amp itself can't make a lot of different sound so there isn't a lot of variety, Altough it has a nice looking Reverb Button. The thing about this amp is that when you put you're clean on and turn the volume up it will indeed Distort at higher levels. But the best thing yet is that when you then press the Bright button All distortian will fade away. So there's not a little bit of distortian or crunch when bright is on. (But I always like a bit of crunch so I barely use bright that much) The distortian of the amp can range widely from Blues crunchy to The most Hardcore Punk you've ever heard. Altough the range is wide it cannot reach Children Of Bodom/Pantera/Lamb Of God Distortian Status. (But very reachable tough, With a pedal)

For my music I make in my band it is really perfect, Really it is. I've been playing guitar for now over 3 and a half year (fully). And I use this amp only when playing shows or are practicing with my band. My Other gear: Boss DS-2, Boss Super Chorus. At home I got another amp but I don't play that one so often anymore. Well I am still going to ask if there's somehow a way to get the amp onto a stack so I could tour with it. If it got stolen I'd cry... Really I'd cry, And after crying I'd get on looking for a new one right away! What I Love about this thing is definitely the sound. What I dislike Must be the lack of sounds.(But make up for it with pedals) My favorite feature must be the Bright button. In that way you can make the distortian sound Nice or Really nasty, In a good way of nastyness tough! I did kind of compare it to other Peavey's and I got to say that this is THE best one from Peavey. And in comparison to every other amp in the world I'd definitely say this isn't the Perfect amp. But damn I like it alot!

Ohyeah this thing won't break... It's been in use for about 15 years now, And they just had to replace a knob. The amp has never let anyone down, I asked this one personally to the guy Who has this thing for over 15 years and said it never had a breakdown. (And the amp is still his and he doesn't say this because I'm going to buy it or anything cause I'm not, Not yet).

Oh man I first heard this one on a concert by some old punk band, And right after that me and my band startted practicing at that locale. In wich we found this amp in the Bandpractice room. I could never find a revieuw about this one so here goes: This amp is quite versatile, You can get a lot of different sounds very easy, For blues for example this thing is perfect because it's made somewhere around the late 80's early 90's. And has a really cool nice crack in it. Now I don't know if this "crack" is supposed to be in there but I do know the oldstyle sound is definitely a part of the amp. But enough about blues, You can change the edgy-ness and the bottom low and even add or remove a reverb. There are 4 channels, Clean/Distortian and you can pick between Bright/Raspy(Tacky) kind of channels even with distortian this is an option. Also like a lot of amplifiers by Peavey this one is also Solid as a rock because of the inner thick wood. Altough this amp does have a great sound the features aren't that great as the Bandit 112 for instance.

rwp
    Just bought one of these at a yard sale ($30 for it and another amp) and spend $45 getting it cleaned and a jack repaired. It's my first amp over 15 watts (Fender and Crate) and it's got great sound. Not too overpowering for a practice amp (good at low volumes) but has some volume when needed. I'm new at this, but I feel like this is my first "grown-up" amp.