Backstage 50 review by Peavey

Purchased from: e-bay

At the moment I'm using a humbucker equiped guitar and the amp sounds excellent. When I used a single coil guitar with it it didn't sound so good. This amp really gives out a proper rock, metal, punk, etc distortion so it suits me fine. It doesn't sound so good quiet. If you get this you have to start playing competitions and stuff to experience its true power and sound. Don't put to much of everything on it or it becomes noisy and you can't hear what your playing. When I learnt 'Feeling This'(Blink 182) I wanted that kind of fased effect at the beginning. Instead of wasting money on a phaser, I set the reverb to about 5 and it gave me an instant pahsed effect. It was the first time and only time I'd used an effect on my amp. I'd say the tones you can gat from it are at a large selection. But I wouldn't really know cos I'm not into effects. I never use clean so if you want to know more about that particular channel go to a shop and try out the amp. The distortion could take paint of walls, its that brutal. The brutalist I've known it to be was when my friend borrowed it for a slipknot song. He swore it could take his face off.

This amp is the ultimate rock amp in my opinion. I think it is a good match to any stlye of rock, metal, punk etc. Thats why I like it. I've been playing for two years (I play better than average. Alot better.) And have owned a 30 amp that sounds like something busted would use. I also owned a Weststone thunder 1 guitar and a Starmaker Strat (how sad). I think I asked evrything I could think of before I bought it, just to make sure its the one for me. If it was stole I would try out other amps. I have my mind on a 50 watt Marshall and a 50 watt Mesa/Boogie F series amp. Not that I don't like the amp I have now, just that I want to try out different gear. I love everything about this amp but I don't really like the colour scheme. Maybe Peavey should have more exciting amp colours. The thing I like most about this is the distortion. When wondering what else I might like I compared this amp to a Yamaha. In the end I was drawn to this one because the distortion was more mind blowing than the Yamaha. I wish it had better colours than it does now.

I will always trust my equipment no matter what. This amp has never failed me when I do a gig. I don't have a backup amp cos I don't need one. Even if I had one I wouldn't use it. This amp has never broken down. I take good care of it. I never abuse it, grafitti it, hit it, lose my temper and give a smack.

I have no idea what year this was made in cos I didn't get an instructions manual. I usually only use one tone because I have my signiture tone so I'm not really bothered if the amp isn't versitile. But it does suit hard rock/pop punk rock. Which is what I play with my band. It has 2 two channels, distortion and clean but I never use clean so theres no point in it being there. The amp came with a foot switch but I don't really use it cos I'm mainly into distortion. I don't really use effects so I have no idea if it has effects loops. It has a head phone jack that I'm never going to use. This is for 1 reason: why play guitar if the neighbours and family members can't hear you? I don't wish it had any other features but I do wish that the colour scheme was a bit more exciting. Black and silver does get boring. The amp is 50 watts. Thats enough for me cos me and my band are only playing school competitions and jamming. If we started doing bigger events let me know if theres a better amp.