Backstage 50 review by Peavey

I have a Kramer Focus with stock H/S/S pickups and this amp delivers like no other. It's quiet all the time unless you kick in the reverb (I don't use it much). This amp is good for rock and rock only but I'm happy with it because that's all I play. Cleans suck at concert or practice volumes but I rarely use them. Distortion just isn't even funny.

I play rock. 'nuff said. I've been playin since I was 12 and I'm 15 now but I keep up with veterans and I have a keen ear for good gear. I own a Hartke piggy back tube head/cab combo and it's great for cleans but distortion can't hold a candle to the Peavey. I'd beat the shit outta anyone that messed with this because it's got a sentimental value to it and it's just a great amp.

I don't use backups and I've had it for 3 years and it's been great. Not plannin on bringin a backup anytime soon so I trust this thing night and day. I treat this thing like absolute shit and it don't care, it just shrugs it off and keeps on jammin without a hitch.

No clue when this puppy was made but my guess is either '80s or '70s. It's been passed from guitarist to guitarist in my family so it's had it's fair share of things. Only one channel makes it hard to play more complex songs but it's great for what I play (southern rock and older metal). For bein solid state it's got some great distorted tones, best with scooped mids. Cleans aint all that great.

LPChild94
    What a bunch of snorkel dicks! Get a amp that you like, play and practice hard, and thrive.
    mickjones76
    UG, why does this exist on your website? This is total garbage and makes the site look bad.
    rancidryan
    i dont care about the features this amp has becuase im not going to use them. wtf?
    stradivari310
    Instead of wasting money on a phaser, I set the reverb to about 5 and it gave me an instant pahsed effect.
    I lol'ed.
    job153
    I love how you talk s**t about the amp n how you will never use this or that because u dont want to. and then at the end of it all ur like ITS EXCELENT. WTF???? n honestly if you cant get creative with ur playing be it effects or what not ur never really going to progress as a guitarist-_-
    picatakr
    I lol'ed also ....peavey the ultimate rock amp. I owned one when I was a noob too.
    caprap
    "This is for 1 reason: why play guitar if the neighbours and family members can't hear you? I don't wish it had any other features but I do wish that the colour scheme was a bit more exciting. Black and silver does get boring. The amp is 50 watts. Thats enough for me cos me and my band are only playing school competitions and jamming. If we started doing bigger events let me know if theres a better amp" wtf buddy its a 50 how close r ur neighbours? and there are better amps like marshals vox's to name a few
    wchurchill
    my skool has got this amp and its really old and the cleans are not good (distorts which is good for blues) and the speaker goes really quiet and almost shust off after 30 mins of use