Bandit 112 review by Peavey

Peavey: Bandit 112

Purchased from: P.M.T. Norwich

The amp has its own unique sound. Great when most people are using Marshalls and have that squelched tone. This stands out from the pack and cuts through. I play everything from Jazz, Blues, Pop, rock n roll to heavy rock in some of the biggest venues in the county and this amp has a sound for everything.

I'm glad of the valve snobbery out there because I get more work as I can play to venue volume and be reliable on stage. Plus my sound stands out from the crowd. I have had several valve amps in the past and none survived the season or sounded good when the song needed me to turn down.

I have used this amp for several years now and never had a single problem with it. I have worked along side with guitarists who use valve amps and they seem to have a problem getting their sound without deafening everyone in the front row and keeping their amps running through a busy gigging season.

The amp has 3 clean sounds and 3 distortion sound so you can select which clean and driven sound best suits your needs. I gig with a drummer who uses one of the biggest drum kits in the county and it cuts through the mix easily. Plus the limiter on the back allows my to play small rooms and still get the same emulated drive.