Bandit 112 review by Peavey

Peavey: Bandit 112

Price paid: € 250

Purchased from: The Sound Factory

This amp covers every type of playing style, it has 2 types of clean and 3 types of distortion so you can get any amount of sounds out of it. It's a brilliant sounding amp sounds just like a tube amp and behaves the same way.

This amp is just brilliant I would recommend it to anyone for any type of music its a very versatile amp and it sounds amazing and you can get it to sound exactly they way you want to easily.

Extremely reliable amp, this is the only amp I have ever bought and I don't plan on changing it any time soon its a great amp for gigging and you can get some serious volume out of it if your playing the rock kinda stuff.

This is a great amp and you can play any style of music on it, you can get a lot of different sounds with it. It has 2 main channels, Clean and Lead. On the Clean channel there are two presets Vintage and Modern. The Vintage setting is great for country or old time clean sounds and the modern has more bass and is a warmer sound where as the Vintage is thin and trebely. On the lead channel there is 3 preset types of lead, Vintage, Modern and High Gain. Again the Vintage setting is great for your classic rock or even more modern types of distortion its great for Thin Lizzy stuff and the likes, the modern setting is very heavy, only really suitable for heavy rock or metal like Metallica, the high gain setting is much the same just with extra gain and would suit stuff like power anthems. This amp has two inputs, High gain and Low gain. The master section has, Reverb, Presence, Resonance and T. Dynamic controls. The T. Dynamics control is really what defines this amp, it stands for 'Tube Dynamics' and when set to '0%' you have just your ordinary amp sound which isn't great and it doesn't have the rich tones of a tube amp, but when you roll the switch to '100%' it would be hard to tell the difference between this amp and a real tube amp, I have played an american Fender strat through this before and it sounds unreal. Both channels have 3 band eq's.

Paulbookwood
    Peavey Bandits are fine amps, especially for the price. Sure tube amps are nice. I used a Fender Twin Reverb for decades, but it was too heavy and too loud for someone who doesn't need a scary loud fire breathing heavy metal amp that's been outlawed by the Geneva Convention. Now I use Fender and Peavey solid state amps. They are much lighter, sound very good, more than loud enough for my purposes, and cost far less. I remember when solid state amps first came out... They were horrible! Nowadays solid state amps sound a LOT like tube amps. In fact when blindfolded many musicians couldn't tell the difference (Peavey did that test). But I understand that the initial solid state offerings were so bad that many people were turned off to the idea of solid state amps permanently. They're pretty damn good these days and the Peavey Bandit is a great one.
    chewybaca67
    I have the latest version in the above photo, used to have the old Red Stripe version back 9in the mid 90s. Man, that thing was Glock tough. It was always gettin' beat up, dinged up, dropped, even puked on by a drunk drummer (when I wasn't there.....bastard)and it always got the job done. The newer ones appeal to me much, unlike others, I dig the distortions much. I can't seem to get a pedal that does better. It may be that others either don't have too much experience with tone and/or have a crappy guitar with crappy pickups. I slapped an EQ pedal and reverb pedal in the loop and it shines color in tone with all my different guitars reflecting the true quality of guitar style. At least it does for a solid state. I wish Peavey could make a "Lunch Box"....or..."Big Lunch Box" size head of the newest version. Be a perfect gig/practice durable head for my Marshall 4x10 Cab. The old Supreme Peavy head had way too much realestate for totting to gigs.
    jeffo46
    I just did a trade for a late 80's/early 90's version, which is USA made and has the Scorpion speaker. This is before Peavey went with the Transtube series and IMO is much better. The clean on this is just brilliant and will match any Fender combo as far as tone is concerned. The Gain is so,so but that's what we have effects processors for which this takes to like a fish to water. For a 80 watt combo, this is one loud mother and I love it.
    Guitaraddict45
    I am a professional guitar player and educator. I play mostly hard rock and metal. Recently I let my son (a budding rock star) use my Marshall jcm800 for a big battle of the bands he was in. Of course I got a call to fill in for a friend of mine and it paid well. So I grabbed my practice amp a Peavy Bandit 112 and a Marshall cabnet just to look more metal. Set to the 100w setting this amp sounded great with my strat and flying v and it didn't break my back. Thru the right sound system this amp could play any venue.
    HighGainManiac
    I have had one of these for a few months, running a Maxon OD808 in front of it. pros: + very good brutal metal tone (lots of gain) + great for indoor playing (can be set to run at 25 watts) + has an effects loop, most combo amps at this price range and set of features don't even have one. cons: - weak built in reverb (can't hear it unless its at 100%) - very nasally mid range (I never turn it up over 5) - clean channel is a little sterile (my Randall RG80 had better cleans) Even with the minuses above I'm very satisfied with it as a home and practice amp. The distortions to me, sound better than both Roland Cubes I owned (40xl and 80xl.) My favorite channels are "warm" for clean and "modern" for distortion.