Blazer 158 review by Peavey

Peavey: Blazer 158

I am playing on a Ibanez JS100 with a ultra distortion bridge pickup (don't know the manufacture). This amp is very good for punk rock songs, Not to much distortion that it sounds like metal crap but enough to give it a solid sound. The Vintage setting I think is the best because when you turn it to modern it sounds like someone put a heavy blanket in front of the speaker. Very nice clean setting. This thing puts out to much bass unless you turn the low down then it sounds whimmpy. Also the reverb gives a very nice echo effect and the sound gets muddy when turned up over 7. Very loud for a small room.

All-in-all this is a good practice amp! Plenty of distortion for punk rock, good clean setting for alternative, and a nice Vintage mode for older rock. This amp is pretty much the same as the Rage 158 but with no effects and cheaper. If it were lost or stolen I would be sad but buy another one. I can't recommend this amp to metal fans but if you like less distortion than metal, don't settle for anything less! Definatly a good buy.

Well, this thing wasn't made for gigs. You could mabey use it in a small room gig or somthing with it turned all the way up but I wouldn't suggest it. I am sure I will have this amp for a long time as well. Haven't had any trouble with it so far.

This is one of the best practice amps you can get as far as I'm concerned. 2 channels of clean and distortion with pre gain and post gain, a CD input, 3 band equalizer with vintege and modern Switch, and reverb. No effects but if your a beginer then it don't matter. Plenty of power for playing for your friends and practicing. I play punk rock/alternative/and '70s style rock. Let's see how the sound is shall we?

hippieking24
    i've always liked peavey amps because they are good amps, but this one leaves a little to be desired
    Maverick91
    I have that amp,and i am impressed. I play all the guitar things on that amp:rock,punk,metal,thrash,reggae,hc... It is good. Ok,you can use it in a gig,but you must put a microphone in front and bring any strong speaker to get the sound in whole hall,room,club...