Blazer 158 review by Peavey

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Peavey: Blazer 158

Purchased from: Ecko music

I am playing it now with a strat with the original pickups, I mostly play alternative like Radiohead and Nirvana, and since I use it only for rehearsal and practice it does get noisy with the distortion, which I wouldn't recommend; the clean sound is in a lack of a better word. Superb, no matter the settings it gets a clean sound, granted you have a good guitar.

I love the clean sound, no doubt about it, I've been playing for 6 years and I've used it with a Samick with a Zoom 606 and my current Boss-EH pedals with a Strat. My only gripe with this amp is the overheating, which has let me down before. I will definitely change it over time, but right now is my main amp, and since it's clean sound is pretty cool, I can Live with the flaws.

This guitar is not for a gig, I mean, the size says it all! This amp actually tends to overheat and get a weird tone, but if you let it rest a bit, it will work nicely. However that can be annoying in the middle of practice.

I bought this amp six years ago, when I got most of my first gear. It features clean and distortion, with a little knob for reverb, which I never use; as well as a headphone jack. I personally never use the distortion since I always use pedals. Now I'm using a DS-1 and a Small Clone. It's been pretty useful for rehearsals and practice. It's quite loud in a room and aside from a few tone issues it's worked for me.