Blazer 158 review by Peavey

Peavey: Blazer 158

Purchased from: yard sale

I use 3 single coil pick-ups, I play a variety of music, like classic rock, blues, rock, modern rock, and whatnot and that amp did just fine with all of them. it dosnt have that much feedback when you turn it on it's very nice. it makes a nice led zeppelin tone I like to use it for the ocean with a little dist. the distortion on the amp is mostly just a volume boost, I couldn't seem to figure out how to make it work on mine so I used my dist. pedal.

This is a good match for the style of music I play and is a great practice amp but I just use it as a practice amp because I have a 120 watt amp so that's why I don't do anything else with it but I like it's tone better than my 120 watt Behringer vampire. so I hope this helps you out with your view on this amp.

It's quite durable, it has lasted a while from what I know and nothing wrong with it yet. It dosnt take tubes so don't have to worry about that. Also I turned it up all the way when I first started playing and it was pretty good that loud and the speaker hasn't had any problems.

I got this amp when I started playing, bought it at a yard sale for 15.00. This amp is quite versatile, it has a nice clean tone, and also sounds great with the reverb. There are two channels a clean and Gain channel but on mine the gain really didn't work from what I found but, with the newer ones it's better. this amp has pretty much all you need for beginners. I use this amp all the time when I'm just jammin out in my room before bed. it's a 15 watt amp and is pretty loud. it's a transtube and it sounds just like a tube amp with out the hassle.

f.l.y.b.o.y
    Are you sure you have the Blazer 158? I had the distortion problem with the Rage 158 but the blazer is sooooo much better
    Samus-Chief117
    I have this amp and I don't like it, basically because it's not capable of giving that cruch that Metallica's Palm mutes give. I use alot of palm mutes, and they simply don't work with this amp. Everything else works great!