Blazer 158 review by Peavey

Peavey: Blazer 158

Purchased from: friend

I use all the pick ups on my guitar, it gives it a nice choppy sound and makes the strings less whinny. It comes close to metal that I like. It isnt metallica but it sure is seether. It makes me happy, and I love it. But if I could find about better settings than it got I'm sure I would change them to that. Depending on the settings on the amp it can be loud. I can turn it up to loud, but if you want just the right distortion put the pre gain all the way up, and post gain as much as you want. The post gain then turns into the volume and makes the pregain the distortion level. This amp can make clear notes. If you put it on the wrong settings it can be really whinny or really booming. No matter how high I have the clean level it is not distorted. I only use the clean for soft playing because I like playing when people are alseep but it can get loud. The distortion is alot like seether. If you like them and want a band like them then your set for practice. I haven't yet took it outside and tried it but I don't think its a gig guitar.

Overall Metallica its a no but Seether or Crossfade. Your good. I've been playing for a year. And I love it. The brands I chose to go with for the Peavey amp and guitar would be Fender strings and Planet Waves strap lock and guitar cord. If this amp was stolen I would be really sad. But probly buy the same thing. I love the distortion and the volume of the amp. What I hate is the if too loud and too close the amp will feedback. The thing I love the most about this amp is how tough it is. And the distortion. It was made to last. The only amps that I used has been Line 6 and my Peavey overall Line 6 better why to go. But Peavey if you wanna practice, and have a amp to last. Wish I had a Line 6 but I would not trade my Peavey for anything.

I can depend on this amp. If I didn't have another amp for a gig. I would use it. But probly wouldn't depend on it only. Its really dependable for a practice amp. If you want to p-ss off your neighbors. And make them rock out with you this is good amp to use. But for gigs I don't think its for that. This amp hasn't messed up on me yet. It will give feed back if the amp is to loud and your to close, but if you stand a good few feet with it blasting you should be good.

I don't know the year the amp was made, but I've had it for awhile. I play metal. Honestly not the best amp. But if you turn the nobs just right and wire a speaker through the back of the amp. It can get some amazing distortion. It has two channels. Clean and lead. Also it has modern and vintage. I would say the Vintage while on lead. With the reverb up just three notches is the best I've ever had that amp. It has equilization to it, bass, mid, and high. And CD input and Headphone input. I use a Peavey Tracer for this amp. And with the settings on the amp I have to turn the guitar all the way up, but for the sake of not getting in trouble I have to keep the post gain on one. And the pre gain all they way up to get the best distortion. I use it in a small room and its hardly turned up and it can blast people out. I say this amp has the right volume and comes close to metal for what I've done to it. But its not the best.

georgyyy
    Fucking Great Amp! Biased by your opinions i went to a local second hand dealer and listen to it! I didnt like it at all at first! However, because of the low price "50 euro" i bought it having in mind to change the speaker to a 10inch one... Making a huge internet research, i found out a very easy mod that actually changed the hole picture of the amp! i changed the wires of the blue marvel speaker and suddenly the amp sings! It truly sings! Amazing tone and huge difference to the distortion!!! "you always have to bare in mind the low cost nature of the amp... 8'inch...low watt..." Try this mod! My settings high and low at 10 mid at 4-5.modern gain!
    RockabillyComet
    hey there georgyyy! I hope you're enjoying a pleasant day. What did you change the Blue Marvel Wires to? I also am going to try a 10 inch speaker.