Bravo 112 review by Peavey

Peavey: Bravo 112

I don't like the speaker, and the chinese tubes are not the best. So the out of the box sound is a bit flat to my ear. I mean, it's a nice tube sound, but it's not a classic tube sound.

What a sleeper amp! I almost don't want to write a review on it, since I know it's going to prevent me from getting some great garage sale deal in the future, but if you are a tone snob and not a label lemming, you should certainly be keeping an eye out for this ugly little amp with the beautiful voice.

Are you kidding me? One of the reason peaveys are cheap is that every one ever made seems to still be going strong.

Fan-cooled tubes in a faraday cage. Active EQ on channel 2. Effects loop. This ain't no blues jr. Clone, this is a nice amp. Jazzy cleans to 80's metal. This is a feature rich amp for its style. It has the potential for boutique sounds, yet you can pick them up for $200-$300, and sometimes even less since the tubes aren't visible.

seekir
    I bought one new in Hawaii, I believe at Coconut Grove Music in Kailua on Oahu in the late '80's or early '90's. There is an available footswitch to select the channel and reverb. It plugs into the socket marked "remote switch" on the back of the amp.