Bravo 112 review by Peavey

Peavey: Bravo 112

Purchased from: Craigslist

This amp really shines on sound quality. I use a Gibson Les Paul on the over Drive channel and a Fender Strat on the clean channel, that's just my personal preference, although I do love the clean channel with the neck pickup on the Les Paul as well. I have been playing for 30 years and this amp is one of many tube amps that I own, so I think I have a pretty good feel of what good sounding amps should be. I wish I could find this amp as new, but happy enough to as it is though. These amps are several years old and could (just like any older amp) benefit from a cap job. I'm planning on doing that very soon. The clean channel impressed me, and is actually my favorite amp for lower volumes, and I do mean BLUES CITY here. The dirty channel DIRT DIRT DIRTY as you want to get, pull the Pre knob and get even dirtier, and all at volumes that I enjoy when I don't want to crank out my Marshall. I like it so much that I've been looking for a deal on another one just for backup. I honestly think that these Peavey Bravo amps only increase in value, so if you find a deal on one you better just jump on it.

My overall impression of the Peavey Bravo is a double thumbs up on this all American amp. It's a tube amp with all the warmth and tones that you can hope for if you're realistic about the power, I think that it is only 16 actual watts, (although it is rated at 25 watts) but that's what's COOL about it in my opinion. You find that "Sweet Spot" without splitting everyones ears. It's also a potential (so called) bedroom amp, if that's your thing. It's definitely worth snagging up if you run across one.

Who couldn't give ANY Peavey product a 10 on reliability... They take pride in their products and build them to last, they have one of the best reputations out there. I just wish Peavey would start manufacturing cars. Any search on the internet will contest over and over again on the quality and workmanship of their products. They can take all the abuse you throw at them and keep on going strong... They really are a great company... And most of their products are made in the USA as well.

It has an extension jack on the back for plugging in another cab, I personally use this for a Peavey Classic 410E cab, which compliments this amp very well I think. The EL84 power tubes are great for warmth and smooth breakup. There are 2 EL84 and 3 12AX7 tubes total, they are hidden and encased in the back. There is a fan that pulls air across them to keep things cool. There is no stand by switch on this amp, but it isn't really needed anyway... Actually I kind of like this because the looks of the amp throws people. You can dial this amp in to get most of the sounds that you seek.

joel.guerrero.5
    Got one for the second time for $100 bucks, frist one for 80 this time I check the amp all the way and belive it or not I sold my ADA MP1 and Marshall power amp, the Peavey can drive my 2x12 Genz-Benz easy and the power tube push the preamps very well.