Classic 30 review by Peavey

Peavey: Classic 30

I play it with an epi les paul with a SD '59 humbucker in the bridge. This amp has amazing sound. The only problem with this amp is that it is pretty noisy. The clean channel is very fenderish. The reverb is great. The dirty channel is awesome when you find the right EQ setting, but it doesn't have a lot of gain. As I already said it fits my playing style perfectly. The stock speaker isn't perfect, but I like it, eventually I might swap it for a celeston vintage 30.

This is a great amp, and its reasonably priced. If it disappeared I would probably get another one, unless I had about $1000 more to spend than I did. I absolutely love the sound it gets, this amp is the best in it's price range.

I would depend on it, I bought it used and I have not had any problems, the tubes in the back are exposed so I would be carful when transporting it.

This is a two channel, all tube amp, some people say that it is low gain, but the overdrive channel can get anything with less gain than metallica. I play mainly blues and all types of rock (not metal) and it fits my style perfectly. There is an optional channel switching foot pedal, that must be bought separately. It has a jack that can be used to connect the amp to a larger cabinet speaker and use it as a head in a half stack. It has spring reverb which can be turned on and off with the footswitch. It has an effects loop, a three band eq and separate volume controls for clean and dirty channels. It has more than enough power for me. I almost never use the boost, it does make the amp louder (which I don't need) but it doesn't sound good and the amp doesn't really need the extra volume. I wish it had a presence control, I'm gonna give it a 8 because it really doesn't have many, but the ones it has are good (besides the useless boost switch).