Classic 30 review by Peavey

Peavey: Classic 30

Purchased from: Local Classifieds

I'm using my Japanese telecaster with the amp and it plays beautifully even without and pedals. Texas special pick ups. Hopefully soon I'll be getting myself a tube screamer to give it that little extra boost. It doesn't buzz extremely much and is quite a quiet amp. As normal the more distortion the noisier. Suits blues and classic rock but I could see this amp being used for metal and would work well for gigs.

For my style it fits perfectly and I'd love to hear it with some good pedals. I have been player for almost 2 years I own a old starter kit with amp and a acoustic amp. I have no regrets about buying it and I got it for a great price. I would replace it were to be lost or stolen. I do love the clean channel. Peavey are so underrated for what they do. Before buying this amp it was a toss up between the Fender Blues Junior but I found the blues was a bit cheap with a lot of plastic parts etc. and the Peavey was that much bigger.

It heats up quite a bit as you only get a fan built in with the classic 50 not this 30. But I have never actually had problems with it overheating and I haven't heard of many people having that problem. I would gig it without backup and never had any other problems.

Not too sure what year the amp was made in I think around 5 years ago as I got it second hand in the local classifieds. It is a extremely versatile amp. I play more blues to classic rock so the clean channel is used a lot. It had two channels, one being a clean channel with just the reverb. The second having gain, treble, bass and all that stuff great. I use it for bedroom practice but hopefully soon I'll be using it with a drummer which it can easily play over. The clean channel breaks up nicely as it is a tube amp giving it a nice bluesy tone. Also has a footswith for reverb and channel select. And a boost button on the amp for a bit of a jump in sound.