Classic 30 review by Peavey

Peavey: Classic 30

Purchased from: gumtree

I play a Strat (the only guitar you need!) its a mexican lonestar HSS, this is like heaven for your clean sounds (neck+middle) and then slam it on the bridge and bring in the dirt! This + the Peavey is heaven, with the humbucker and the gain on max you could wake up people in three streets away, the cab is open and so the sound spreads and fills the room, with your eyes closed it would be hard to point out where the sound is coming from! Especially with a tough of the lush reverb. The reverb goes up to a sensible level, not enough for surf but any other style is covered (you will need a Fender for a massive reverb) the distortion is brutal and the sustain epic!

I been playing for 2 years now and would say I'm ok! I play music in my band that I write myself and write to my level! (no Slash solos!) we play everything! Country, blues, classic rock, metal (just), and this bad boy does it all! If I could change anything on this amp, I think I would have snakeskin tolex (I like a bit of bling) if it were lost/stolen then I would go mental on my wife (its always her fault) serious though I would buy another, I love the Fender hotrod 40watt but this just gives you that extra bit of madness! Take my advice, find one used, take your guitar along, go in the day so you can crank it, and sit and play, any sound you have in your head can be found in this, (and a HSS Strat!) take care and play what you love and love what you pay!

Can you depend on it? Would you use it on a gig without a backup? Yes I can depend on it! Would I use without backup? No in my experience amps just stop working, without warning they just stop! (like the French!) and mine did just that! Lucky we were practising not gigging, in the end it was a fault with the transformer (80 fix) these things happen, what else can you say! As all tube amps with normal use you should be looking at changin them every 12 - 18 months. This is a heavy amp! And I'm a big boy! If the audience starts asking for any Take That throw it at them and at least a handfull will have a short hospital stay!

This is the new model with the tube guard, was bought from gumtree (225) I bought it to replace my Orange Tiny Terror with my Orange 1x12, this was a great amp but was just short on headroom for my clean songs in the band. I play clean funk stuff and using my Joyo compressor this really is a dream! I'm not going on about features etc as all the other reviews have done as its a pointless waste of words, what I will say though is that this little beast can go from clean (think Mr Cash) to AC/DC without breaking a sweat, is it loud enough you ask, I will tell you now, if you like your face melted then this is your amp, but on the other side of the coin you can play in the bedroom also (you do get a massive bass loss at bedroom levels) but this is expected. The reverb does exactly what it should, smooths out the sound and a give you a rich big sound (this can be turned off via foot for more dirty work. Is this the perfect amp? I'm my opinion hell yeah!