Classic Chorus 130 review by Peavey

Peavey: Classic Chorus 130

Purchased from: Used

I use my Ibanez, usually the bridge HB, and it suits my rock and metal playing well, as i really only use the clean channel. The garage we play in is a little bit to small, so feedback is always a problem with an amp with this much power, but thats not the amps fault. I like mine to have a thick bassy sound to it as i play moslty rythm, but the lead player had a go n messed the EQ up, and now im pissed off! lol. Has 2 input sockets, high gain and low gain, The high gain seems to distort the signal with heavy drive, so i use the low gain socket.

Nice amp, good clean sound, good sound spread, and the chorus is gorgeous, almost as good as the boss chorus pedals. Well made from the looks of it, and I don't plan on getting a new one any time soon, so must be a good thing as im a compulsive spur of the moment buyer!

Cant really comment, my second amp, my forst big amp, my first Peavey. Hard to say, but it always works well for me, and hasnt messed up yet.

Not sure how old it is, but its in pretty good nick. I play rock and metal, so the overdrive isn't really my cup of tea, but my pedals see to that. The chorus is sweet, and the reverb is pretty cool although i havent really found much use for it yet. 2 channels, effects loop, wish it had a footswitch, might well have, but i didnt get one with it.

Kestral
    My friend has one of these, it sounds pretty decent and he doesnt use any pedals or effects. he has probably tinkered with it knowing him for a greater rocky metally sound he gets out of it