Decade review by Peavey

Peavey: Decade

Purchased from: N/A

The amp is very versatile.. I play everything from blues to metal on it. It's a pretty nice sounding amp.. not too noisy on many settings.. although it becomes a little overbearing on the clean channel with my humbuckers. The clean channel stays pretty clean.. sounds bright and alive. The distortion wont compare with a Marshall, but it sounds alright.

It's a great little amp for all ocasions. Not a front amp for shows and such.. but if you looking for an all around good sounding amp for at home.. look up the Peavy Decade.

Well.. it's just my at-home-amp so I don't use it in gigs.. although I did once. And yes.. it's very dependable. Never broken down in all the time I've had it.

I'd say the amp is about 12 years old.. it has 2 channels.. Normal and Saturated, Pre and Post Gain nobs.. and the Low Mid and High EQ Nobs. I wish it would have a headphone jack, and a foot swtich.. but it's just a little amp. I use this amp in my computer room.. because I don't wanna drag the big one up.

gilbert592003
    it does have a foot switch : when you plug half-way the switch jack in the saturated entry.
    gilbert592003
    let me please correct my previous comment. The Decade does have a footswitch : it's the clear channel entry when you HALF PLUG your foot switch in. Just plug your guitar in the overdrive channel and your footswitch will select clean or overdrive. The Decade has been my first amp I bought in 1982 when I was a poor lonesome student. I still use it, sometimes which an extra 12" cab through a DIY external loudspeaker connection. The Decade is a pretty nice amp for home and for rehearsal without the drummer.