Decade Review

manufacturer: Peavey date: 09/08/2003 category: Guitar Amplifiers

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Peavey: Decade
90's Peavey Decade amp., 10 watts, solid state, 8 inch spkr.
 5.9
 3,128
review (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
Decade Reviewed by: DJ`Jessen, on september 08, 2003

Purchased from: N/A

Features: I'd say the amp is about 12 years old.. it has 2 channels.. Normal and Saturated, Pre and Post Gain nobs.. and the Low Mid and High EQ Nobs. I wish it would have a headphone jack, and a foot swtich.. but it's just a little amp. I use this amp in my computer room.. because I don't wanna drag the big one up. // 6

Sound: The amp is very versatile.. I play everything from blues to metal on it. It's a pretty nice sounding amp.. not too noisy on many settings.. although it becomes a little overbearing on the clean channel with my humbuckers. The clean channel stays pretty clean.. sounds bright and alive. The distortion wont compare with a Marshall, but it sounds alright. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Well.. it's just my at-home-amp so I don't use it in gigs.. although I did once. And yes.. it's very dependable. Never broken down in all the time I've had it. // 10

Overall Impression: It's a great little amp for all ocasions. Not a front amp for shows and such.. but if you looking for an all around good sounding amp for at home.. look up the Peavy Decade. // 8

Comments