Delta Blues 115-Tweed review by Peavey

Peavey: Delta Blues 115-Tweed

When I first bought the amp, I used an Ibanez RG equiped with EMG's. This amp really let the sound of the EMG's Shine through, and it was very good for progressive metal and other rock sounds, but the clean was just a tiny bit lacking. Later when I acquired a Gibson Les Paul I was able to not only get the metal and rock sounds but the clean was amazing. I play anything from country to blues to rock to metal and with one distortion pedal, this amp can do it all. I've not been able to crank the amp much because of the parents but when I get the chance the amp sounds amazing.

This amp is great for many styles, if you want hard metal then you might need a distortion pedal in front of it but with the right set-up you'll get there. If this amp would stolen I would chase down the motherf--ker that stole it and beat his ass, then take it back. If I couldn't then I'd buy the amp again when I had the money. The real defining feature is the 15 inch speaker that adds so much to the sound. I've been able to play my bass guitar through this amp, although I would not recommend it to anyone else in case something goes horrible wrong, and it actually sounds very good. I compared this amp to a Hot Rod Deville and a Windsor and made the choice of this amp.

I would always bring a backup amp to a gig just in case, but I do feel like this amp would survive a gig, or a couple hundred of them. As always bring an extra set of tubes would be a good idea. Mine also has the tube rack in the back to protect the tubes, which I've heard some of the earlier didn't. I've almost had the amp a year and it's still going strong, I did put different tubes in the amp but that was to change the sound somewhat.

My amp was made in 2003 in Mississippi. My first thoughts when I got a chance to play the amp were pure amazement at the clean channel. I had gone shopping for an amp to play hard rock with but these cleans really sold me for some reason. The Delta Blues, in this case, is a combo amp with a 15 inch speaker. The speaker really lends itself to the amp, it gives very nice low frequency response, while also allowing great treble response. The amp has spring reverb, yes, real spring reverb. The reverb is pretty good, I don't think that I use it enough to give a good review however. The amp also has tremolo but the same with reverb, I don't use it very much. There is a overdrive channel, which has separate volume controls. The overdrive channel can get into some light distortion, but with a nice overrive pedal or distortion pedal you can really push the amp into metal territory. Overall a very solid amp, the treble boost helps some but unless you can really crank the amp it gives it a bit of a nasally sound. It's all tube.

The Pickle Man
    Epimaster wrote: I like the blues a lot but I won't go a whole day with playing just that... 3 or so chords gets tedious...
    That made me laugh quite a bit. I'm glad that you've totally mastered playing blues to the point where its lack of expression or variation bores you. Ha.
    Amroth
    Doesn't everyone know how to play the blues..? It's the music style everyone should know by heart if you ask me.
    jut150