Delta Blues 115-Tweed review by Peavey

Peavey: Delta Blues 115-Tweed

Purchased from: local dealer

I play Fender Telecaster's with a Nashville Pick up configuration. Usually DiMarzio's. The Delta Blues 115 suits my playing to a Tee! The Amp performs great. Nice and quite. No humming. If needed I use it to power a second cabinet when mic issues are present. Lots of head room in the clean channel (Fender type head room!)Peavey is famous for there clean sounds and this amp is no different. However this amp is a little warmer than most Peavey's. The top end of the clean gives off a warm brown sounding clean tone instead of a shrill white clean tone. (Hope that made sense..I.e. Breaks up a little at the high end). Whoa! Two thumps up on the Reverb (Fender Reverb? Huh? Who's you daddy now?) Yea, its that good! The dirty channel: Is good, real good. But, let's be honest. Dirt/saturation/fuzz/distortion what ever you call it. Is a matter of taste. The Delta Blues delivers a warm but moderate saturation. It's buttery. Yet. It could be just a little more sweeter. (but that's what pedals are for. I.e fine adjustments to your sound not to be used to define it!) I'm in love with Jimmy Page's sound on the first Album and I plug in just a little big muff in the dirt channel and "Blam!" You shook me all night long! Great warm clean tone. The saturation is too warm and smooth to be used as a metal amp. No crunch. All Butter! The tremolo feature I don't use that much... Never got into it with Fender amps either. I can say its a serious tremolo though.

I've been playing music for 25 years (some years I played for the rent) I no longer idolize musicians who have hit the big time and are using mod gear that the every day musician can't afford. The guys I gig with or listen too and respect, are guys who were not at the "right place at the right time playing the right music". They play because they are musicians and its in there blood (u will understand this when you have played for a long time). The main guy that inspires me is a guy that is about 10 years older (I'm 46) and he mainly plays classic rock, some Motown R&B and some Ventures type stuff (Blues Jazz also i.e. Green Onions etc.) He delivers every night and never "over plays" and he never misses a note... (yea he's that good... Sort of a legend in my neck of the woods). One day we talked gear (because he has a wicked tone... You know that Fender "BIG" E tone! Whoa!) I was shocked to hear that he plays through a Peavey Classic 30 (The Amp Logo had fallen off.) I thought because of his great tone. He was playing through a high end Fender amp! He turns the amp up to 10 and controls the overall stage volume with his guitar volume knob! He got me into the Peavey Classics and hence the "Delta Blues 115". IMO the classics (and the Delta Blues Amps) are every bit as good as the serious stuff from Fender> (Peavey is heavily establish in Nashville... That says a lot to me). The Delta Blues is affordable, solid, reliable and has a killer Fender Big E tone! If you play Classic rock, blues, country or Jazz... This amp will not do you wrong.

Peavey amps are tanks... I've been in the business for years and I never have heard Peavey's being fragile (Unlike Marshalls... but that's another review for some other day). IMO the Delta Blues 115 looks to be a typical Peavey tank that looks to give me a some serious years of use. With it being American made and a lot of repair shops here in the Midwest I'll rate reliability high.

Year made 2010. Made in the USA. Great for Blues, Country and some Jazz and Fusion. (I play a lot of Classic Rock, Blues, Country and some Jazz). Features: - 30 watts into 16 or 8 ohms - Tremolo with speed and intensity - Pre- and post-gain controls on lead channel - Normal volume control on clean channel - 3-band passive EQ (bass, middle, treble) - One 15 inch Blue Marvel speaker - Master reverb - Footswitch selectable channel switching and tremolo - Effects loop - Classic tweed covering - Chrome-plated chassis - 2-channel preamp - External speaker jack - All-tube (three 12AX7 and four EL84 tubes) - Boost switch - Weight Unpacked: 49.20 lb(22.317 kg) - Weight Packed: 56.00 lb(25.401 kg) - Width Packed: 14.5"(36.83 cm) - Height Packed: 25.5"(64.77 cm) - Depth Packed: 24"(60.96 cm) I rarely will use the tremlo effect: (Not my style). I will use it for Gigging and Recording (Yes... it has plenty of Volume Power!) Features: I rate as an 8 mainly because of it's simplicity to operate. Dealing with a complex amp during a gig can be stressful. The controls are easy to use "Nuff said!"

sg4ever
    How does this compare to the Classic 30? I hear that this is just a Classic 30 with a 15 inch speaker and tremelo. I thought that the Classic 30 was a nice, fairly priced, portable tube amp for most rock and blues. Does the Delta Blues sound creamier since it's supposed to be geared and marketed more for blues styling?
    bellette
    It's exactly a classic 30 with a 15in speaker and a tremolo. The 15in sure sound better.