Delta Blues 210 review by Peavey

Peavey: Delta Blues 210

Purchased from: Bill Hardin Music

Right now I use it with my modified Squier Stratocaster. it has just 2 pickups a humbucker and a single coil. I play anything from country to blues to rock and contemporary praise and worship at church and it hits all those areas very well. it does get noisy with teh single coil but what amp doesnt't. There is a slight hum in the background when you turn it on but that might be from the ground, I haven't really worried about ti too much because you can't notice it when you are playing. this amp doesnt't have variety like amp but it can make just about any sound you want, except metal, and for that all you need is a good distortion pedal like a Jeckyl & Hyde by Visual Sounds. I haven't turned the clean channel up past 4 or 5 so I don't know if it will distort or not. The distortion is very very clear and crisp. That is the reason I bought this amp. When I hear the distortion channel I had to have it.

I Have been playing for 5 or 6 years now. I also own an Alvarez RD8C Acoustic/Electric with a upgraded Fishman pickup, A Samick Fairlane Bass, A Line 6 Spider II 15 watt, a Line 6 Spider II 150 watt, A Boss CE-5 Chorus enesemble, a Johnson Distortion pedal (piece of crap) and miscellaneous accessories. If my amp was stolen I would probably buy another one. I already answered all the other questions for this section in previous sections.

I would use it at a gig without a replacement but I would take some extra tubes just in case. I've only had it for a week so I haven't had any experience with it breaking down. As I mentioned before they added a cover for teh tubes which really impressed me.

This amp is very versatile. I can get sounds anywhere from Keith Urban to John Mayer to Green Day to Big & Rich to even some Three Days Grace stuff. This amp can easily cover anything except maybe some really heavy stuff like Slipknot or Hunter. But what do you expect from an amp called the Delta Blues. It has 2 channels clean and od. the channels are selected by either a button on the amp or a foot Switch (sold separately). It has an FX Loop, 3 band EQ, Reverb, Tremolo, EQ Boost Switch (as far as I can tell it's basically the same thing as a "fat Switch" on a Fender amp), and a speaker out. The only features I wish it had would be a separate EQ for the OD channel. I also would like for the tremolo to be foot switchable instead of just the reverb. This is the reason for the 9 rating. Even though this amp is only 30 watts it gets pretty loud. My mom won't let me turn the volume past 2. another feature mine has is a protective grill in the back to protect the tubes but provide ventilation for the hot air. From what I have read the older did not have this feature.