Delta Blues 210 review by Peavey

Peavey: Delta Blues 210

Price paid: C$ 400

I'm playing a strat with single coils, and it suits me just fine for most things, and even better for others. I am running a chorus through the effects loop and a Cry Baby in front of the amp. Both more for tone, rather than for effect. I find it has a bit of a hum but once you play it disapears. The amp is just awesome tone wise with just a hint of tremalo and the reverb set to about 4. I'm playing in a cluttered room mostly, so a bit more reverb is needed at lower volumes. As above, it suits many styles of music, just a little fiddling and you can seriously alter the amps sound. I haven't had the amp up loud enough to have the clean channel distort just yet, but I'm working on it.

As above, I play a wide variety of things, it works, it is so versatile. I've been playing for 25years plus, I still have my origional amp, a Peavey Decade 10w, but have been asked by my wife to "do something with it." If it were lost or stolen I'd be on the hunt for another, the value is fantastic. This amp costs a couple hundred less than a comparable Fender, but is made in the USA, not Mexico. I played Fender the blues deluxe, Hot Rod Deluxe, Traynor YCV50 Blue, and YCV40 and the fact that the price for this, used mind you, compared to the other amps was $200 less clinched it. This amp is by far more versatile than the other amps, it has better tone clean than the Fenders, and a much nicer thick rich creamy distortion than any of them. The only thing I wish it had was a footswitch included. But even the Fenders foot switches are extra.

I have an '83 Decade, that hasn't failed me, I don't expect this to either. I don't gig, just jam here and there, so I wouldn't worry about a back up. The amp is new to me, but was in showroom condition when I bought it from a little old lady in Passedina. Again, I gave it an 9, as far as I know the amp has never needed service for any thing other than the tubes were replaced.

Not sure of the amp's year of manufacture, but it is the older version without the tube guard. This amp is versatile, I bought it for it's nice blues tone, it gets nice and thick, with a healthy but rich smooth distortion. It is the first amp that I've owned that I play clean, it has a tone you can feel. I play some blues, rock, some punky stuff like Clash, Rancid and Offspring. but with much more clean sound. Features described in reviews below. I don't mind, it looks kinda cool seeing the tubes glow in the dark. But enough of my night time habits. I gave the amp an 9 for the reason that it doesn't come with a footswitch. I can't think of why they would make that an option? (Heartley are you reading this? )

Mecler
    I just got one recently, and I love it. I haven't found any flaws yet.
    Blasphemylol
    Sounds like an awesome amp! By the looks of it, it must be pretty loud if nobody have had the balls to turn it up
    Charlie4
    Corrrect me if I'm wrong [pun] but don't Peaveys usually have an annoying buzz? My valveking buzzes?
    Wildheart1118
    This is one versatile amp, warm sweet clean channel and a very useable OD channel which can be made better by swapping preamp tubes. The reverb is real spring, a little thin but still good. The Peavey DB 210 is LOUD, with punchy bass tones, rich mids and articulate highs. I added a standby swith and it's all the amp I need. Does Classic & Hard Rock, Jazz, Pop, Country, and of course, Blues.
    nwilson_59
    Blasphemylol: yes it is very loud. it goes to 12 and i can crank it to five and my parents can hear it outside with no problem. and i only paid $350 for mine. the only problem with mine is treble knob cuts out in some spots. and it doesnt have any buzz. except if you put a dist. pedal on it.