Envoy 110 review by Peavey

Peavey: Envoy 110

Purchased from: ebay

I use a BC Rich NJ series Warlock, and a ESP F series, and I can get a wide range of sounds and musical styles on this thing. It is a little noisy sometimes (mostly at louder volumes) I personaly can't think of genre that I couldn't play on this thing. I have turned it up to 8 and the clean channel still held true to the clean. And the distortion can go from brutal (Mesa) from gainy (Marshall) to vintage no problem.

I play mostly metal, blues, classical, and just a large range of things, and I have to say it fits them all pretty well, I would buy this again, it is a great practice amp. I love everything about it, except for the fact that it doesn't work very well with EFX, so that is a bummer, but other then that I think it is great. I compared this to a lot of other amps, it beat a lot of 112s, so I thought it was good. I love this thing, I just wish it had an EFX loop. Can't go wrong with a Peavey though.

It is sturdy, and if it was larger I wouldn't hesitate to use it for gigs. I use it for practice, and it is on for hours everyday.

I believe this amp was made in 2004, this amp is pretty killer for a 110, 2 channels (lead, and clean), but you aren't limited to just one sound for each channel like many amps, the clean has 2 different options (modern and vintage) and the lead, has (high gain, modern, and vintage) I love this amp, I can do anything from classical, to bues, to jazz, to metal. I just wish it had a EFX loop, even though it is a practice amp, so I wouldn't use it much anyway. But It has the best most realistic tube tone I have ever heard from a solid state.