Envoy 110 review by Peavey

Peavey: Envoy 110

Purchased from: AudioStudio

I use a pretty decent Strat copy with a SD JB Humbucker for the bridge position, and an Ibanez acoustic-electric with active pickups. It suits my music styles pretty good, and I play everything from Black Flag and At The Drive-In to Interpol and Foo Fighters. The buzz gets pretty loud on distortion but that might be attributed to the number of other appliances on when I use it. The distortion modes are great, but sound a bit muffled. The modern/vintage settings on the clean mode sound the same. The EQ's pretty good, makes for variety.

I've been playing guitar for almost 2 years now, and I must admit, this is a lot of value for the money. I'm glad I replaced my piece-of-shit Marshall MG10 with this. If this were stolen or lost, I'd probably save up for a Studio Pro because of the FX Loop, but this is really a bargain. You really get your moneys' worth.

It seems a little too solid, and some of the plastic guards on the corners seem a little flimsy. Still, as I said, it IS solid. I just got it this Christmas, but it's a Peavey, for god's sake. I'm confident it'll last.

I suppose the amp was made earlier this year. Two channels, clean and lead. Nice reverb, too. It's versatile enough. It's a solid-state and tube hybrid. Could have used an EFX loop for the wattage it has. One 10-inch Blue Marvel Speaker.