Envoy 110 review by Peavey

Peavey: Envoy 110

Purchased from: denhams music

I use a Gibson Les Paul Studio with it. The amp is great for metal, punk, and almost any kind of rock. The clean channel sounds great at all volumes. The only problem it the amp is always a little noisy. Solos sound a little messy. The distorted channel doesnt get much louder after 6, and starts sounding worse after about 4, that's my biggest problem with it. The distortion is very brutal on the high gain channel.

It is great for metal, punk, or any kind of rock. The only thing I don't really like is it doesnt sound very good at high volumes on the distorted channel. If it were lost, I would probly get something eles, because this isn't an amazing amp, just great for your money. I love the reverb, it sounds great for solos, even though the noisy amp messes that up a little.

I've never had a problem with it and I've had it for a year. It's taken a beating too, since I have carried it around lots of places and hit it on things. I would use it at a gig without a backup, again, only at small gigs.

The amp is pretty versatile. It's got low, mid, and high EQ setting. It has a clean and a distorted channel, and both channels have "modern, vintage, and high gain (only on distorted channel)" switches. The the vintage gives you more of crunchy sound, the high gain is great for metal, and the modern is good for punk, rock, and almost anything eles. It's 40 watts of SS, and it is plenty loud for playing over drums in a band. It would work for small gigs, but nothing very big. It has a reverb feature, which really doesnt change much until its up to 10. It's also got a headphone jack, and a remote switch for the reverb and channel switching.

devinbryndel
    takotakumi
    i have another question too is it possible for two ppl to play in it since it has two inputs?
    Doodah
    Hi Guys, I have this amp but the distortion is horrible Is it my amp that has a problem ?
    JE[F]F
    devinbryndel wrote: metallica suck ass! all the singer does is "RAH" every damn time he starts a new verse! its annoying
    your asking to get flamed.
    Smigjo
    how well does this handle a wah wah pedal and a distortion pedal?
    david2480
    im thinkin on one of these have a blazer 158 awesome if its anything to go buy handles a ds-1 like no other
    CharlieUnicorn
    I bought the Peavey Bandit 112 which has the exact same controls as the envoy, except it's an 8o watt amp instead of a 40 watt. I love the Bandit but I'm getting the Envoy as well because I need something small and easy to transport for practicing. Excellent amps all around! WAY TO GO PEAVEY!!!
    MiCz
    Yes 2 people can play at the same time but then the 2 inputs will be low gain .
    takotakumi
    hey guys,im plannin in getting a new amp this week, its either a spider 2 or 3 or this one,which one would u recomend? ( i play mainly thrash and death metal)
    MiCz
    mroofka_Z wrote: yeah, how it handles multieffects? btw, Metallica is not metal. Its true rock. allright, their early CDs are metal but now they are on the edge of hard rock.
    Im using my Peavey Envoy with a Multifx(zoom g2.1u)and it sounds good.
    MiCz
    LazyLatinoRocke wrote: is this amp good for practicing at low volumes in a apartment?
    Yeah this Amp can be played at low volumes in an apartment.I do it myself.
    mroofka_Z
    squierkid71
    does this thing handle pedals well? and will it sound good through a multi-fx unit like zoom?
    Stickmasta
    yeah I've got to say this amp is ****ing god ^fallout boy suck arse hardcore & anyone not respecting Metallica really doesn't know metal^