Envoy 110 review by Peavey

Peavey: Envoy 110

Price paid: A$ 400

Purchased from: Wollongong Music Centre

I have an Ibanez RGt42FX with Infinity 1 & 2 humbuckers. It has a great Switch in the lead channel which changes it from classic rock and a bluesy sound to medium gain for more grunge and metal. To high gain for brain melting solos and ear splitting squeals, but is a bit noisy on this Switch. I play classic rock and bluesy type stuff and also a bit of funk and alternative, which is really nice on clean. It is a bit noisy on high gain, especially with the gain all the way up. I have never played it outside, I just use it as a practice amp and it's great for that. It has a dreat clean channel, especially at low volumes, but when it starts to get higher in volume it gets a bit muddy. The distortion can get to crazy distortion with crazy sustain and eyeball popping brutality!

Overall I think it's an awesome amp, especially for my styles. I've bee playing for about a year now and I just recently bought the Marshall MG50DFX and it's awesome! It's got great tone and sound and very versatile, with heaps od different fx and settings! I tried it out at the store before I got it and it was the best amp for my price range (it was my first amp). If it was lost or stolen, I probably wouldn't get it again, I would probably save up for a Marshall stack or something big! I love how easy it is to use and it's versatility. But the reverb isn't great and it doesn't have the best sound. My favourite feature is the switches for changing the type of gain and different clean sounds! Overall it is a great beginners amp and Awesome for practicing, even though it can get to huge volumes!

It's never broken down for me before, but I just use it for practising. I wouldn't gig without a backup amp, even if it was the most expensive amp in the world! I take good care of my amp, but I think it could take a bit of beating, but it's not the most solid amp in the world and it's got an open back.

I think this amp was made in 2007 and it's 40 watts, this amp is awesome with different switches for different sound. From heavy metal to classic rock and from blues to country. I play classic rock a lot and it's great for it, although the sound quality isn't the best and it sounds a bit tinny. This amp also has high and low gain inputs and Speaker Simulated Direct Out jack. It has 2 footswitchable channels, clean and lead. It does have a headphone jack, great for those late night practices. And it has reverb and boost but it doesn't an effects loop, which is a little disapointing, even though it's just a beginners amp. I do wish it had an fx loop and the reverb could be a lot better. I use pretty much all the features and it's a great amp!

warlock_101
    I use the amp with a B.C Rich warlock Bronze series and my settings are Bass=10, Mids at 3 and highs at 8 and i het a decent I put my boost is at 10 and reverb at 8 and i get a good metal tone with decent solo sounds so try it out give or take
    reidcole17
    GeneralKor
    reidcole17 wrote: im thinking about buying this amp but would it be loud enough for a band practice?
    yes, it should be loud enough for band practice i've also one question: how do you get a good sound for solos? i don't get a good "hammer on & pull off"-sound
    diefordethklok
    takotakumi wrote: i have another question too is it possible for two ppl to play in it since it has two inputs?
    That's terrible to use. It takes out low end of both guitars, cause it's such a low wattage amp. I've got one, and me and my buddy tried several different ways. >.< Even clean.