Express 112 review by Peavey

Peavey: Express 112

I use a Squier Strat with this amp. It has a wonderful clean sound that I use alot. The one thing that I don't like is how the gain is not as crunchy as I would like. I had to buy a MD-2 MegaDistortoin pedal because I was upset with the distortion.

This amp is perfect for my range of playing from Hendrix to Green Day. I love how much it puts out for its size. The only thing that I hate about it is its lack of gain. Other than that, I like it. If it was stolen/broken/lost? How do you loose an amp the size of this? I don't think I would get a new one of this kind, I would stay with Peavey and upgrade it.

This amp is as reliable as ever. I would gig with it in a second for the sound it puts out for its size.

This is a great amp, with average features. No other effects on it besides moderate gain for a Peavey amp. It has a jack in the back that with an adapter, I can plug headphones in which I love. But this amp being so huge, around 30 watts I believe I never usualy plug in my headphones into it for fear of the power of it blowing the headphones out. It came with a footpedal that I find usefull for switching between clean/gain settings.