Express 112 review by Peavey

• Reviewer's score: 6.5 Neat
Peavey: Express 112

Well, I have a much better guitar to go along with it. I'm using a G&L Tribute S-500. The guitar makes up for a lot of the amps misses. It tends to have some feedback and can be noisy at time. I find when I have it up Loud on dirty, it doesn't sound as good at all. I get the best sound out of it when she is down low. It doesn't have any real distortion, so I have to do it the old way, turning up the gain on blast and turn down the main gain. It gets me through. Even though the amp doesn't have much variety it has a nice clean channel. It never looses it's sound while it's on clean. This is one big thing I love about this amp.

Well, it was the first amp I ever bought, along with my guitar. I never knew what I was buying at the time. But it was a good buy at the time for 250 bucks. I have gotten a good 5 years out of it, with a few shows and a lot of jamming. If I lost this or had it stolen, I would buy a new one before I pay to get it back, just because I need a new one anywhase. It would be a good excuse to get my mom to buy me a new one! I love how it sounds when it is at low volumes. I hate how it sounds at high volumes, in a small room. I don't like to compare this amp to others, not to any new amps, only it's own year and type! A Half decent Amp at the time, but now it's time for a new one. I found it good for me starting off. A cheap price for premium quality. Which has now warn out.

Well, I will be honest. I have the amp for about 5 years now. I haven't treated it the best, but it's still going strong. It has lost the sound it did have, but when I get my new amp, that will fix everything. I have played a few shows with it, and I trusted it every time, and still do. It has never had anything series go wrong with it that I know of. It's a 40 pound amp that wont give up!

I don't know exactly what year the Amp was made, but if I were to guess. I would say around 1998. The amp for me, pretty well covers my styles, Rock, country, and metal. It has A High and low gain, with two channels of both clean and dirty, with a headphone jack. It doesn't have any effect, unless you want to call reverb one. I am not really a man of effects so I couldn't care less that is what pedals are for! I use this amp at my home, when I jam I use then too. It only has 65 watts, so when I turn it too the dedicated volume it really loses it's sound for jamming. Enough Power at home, not for jamming. It is a solid state amp, that has gotten me through many good year!